Positive vibes needed!

Californiablonde

I am going to the DMV later this morning to see about getting my license back. The letter I received from the DMV states that I need to show completion of my alcohol program AND wait till November 14th to get it back. I finished with my alcohol program August 24th. A few days ago I called the DMV to see if they have it in their records yet. The school was supposed to send it electronically. The man on the phone said they do have record of completion. I then asked him when I could get my license back. He said I can get it now since my program has been completed. I made an appointment for today so I can see about getting it back.

I still have the letter that says I must wait until the probationary period expires in November. I don’t know if the man is correct or if I need to go by what the letter says. I am praying that the man on the phone is correct. We shall see. I desperately want my license back. Right now I’m having panic attacks every morning taking the kids to school. I am constantly worried I am going to get pulled over, they are going to see the kids in the car, and I will get busted. I’ve also been going to the grocery store after work and hiding the groceries in the trunk. I am sick of being paranoid all the time. I am going to the DMV in a few hours wish me luck and send good vibes my way!

Californiablonde

Didn't get my license back. I am heartbroken. The guy on the phone was full of C-R-A-P. I don't get my restrictions lifted until November 14th. I am SO bummed. I have been having anxiety about driving the kids to school and back. This year they are at two different schools so there's an even higher chance that I will get caught. Here in California if you're caught driving on a restricted license it's an automatic ten days in jail. I am absolutely TERRIFIED of going to jail! I watch all kinds of prison shows on TV and I see what goes on in there. I really really hope these next two months go by VERY quickly and nothing bad happens. Damn I'm so disappointed!!!

InsaneCdn

Put a lid on your anxiety. The more uptight you get about it, the higher the chance that you do something stupid. You need to be rested, relaxed, calm.

Of course, that goes for all of us, and is very difficult to achieve when you live with difficult child-style kids... <wink>

Californiablonde

My medications aren't right either so I need an adjustment. That doesn't help. My next psychiatrist appointment. is October 2nd. Will just have to wait it out till then.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Instead of "sneaking" and having the added self inflicted (but needed to do) anxiety - WHY can't you call the court and ask them if you can get a provisional license until your suspension is up?

Maybe the DMV letter would help and you could get permission to get to the store and school.....without LOOSING your license again. (which by the way will be longer, more expesnive and well you know)

And I secnond what Insane CD said about the anxiety......GOOGLE breathing exercises for stress relief -THEY ARE FREE, THEY ARE EASY and THEY WORK........learn how to inhale and exhale -THE RIGHT WAY.....

It will amaze you - and it's medicine free.

Californiablonde

Star, I do have a provisional license. I'm allowed to drive to work and back only. NO taking the kids to school, no grocery store, no nothing. There is nothing I can do about it. I already called everyone I need to call and they said absolutely no way will I be allowed to take the kids to school. Work and back. That's it. Can't even go on my lunch break and get myself something to eat. I have to bring my lunch to work every single day. I'm getting really sick of frozen dinners, lol. I want Subway and Taco Bell like I used to be able to have. Oh well. Hopefully it will go by quickly like my mom says it will. Thanks for the breathing excercises. I will try them.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Take a day - and find all the restaurants within a mile of where you work........Go to them, ASK for their menus......and get in the groove of telling eveyrone like 1 hour before lunch////

"Im putting in an order from Beezers.....they deliver - if you need a menu? I have one at my desk".......PS we all put in for at least a $1.00 tip.....

And .....I promise you - they will come.....and you will get BETTER food - and the days no one feels like getting delivered? Someone will offer to go.....and you can GET that Taco bell.

ESPECIALLY if there are MEN involved.......but you'll be surprised how many women will respond......Delivered food smells way better than what you go out to get. (I promise) espefially when you are hungry.

InsaneCdn

CB... you're getting sick of what for lunch? What ever happened to "real" lunches? The home-made stuff? Me thinks you dinna know what yer missin', lass. Ham (bake it yourself) and cheese on home-made bread. (trust me - home-made bread is way better and way cheaper than any edible equivalent that can be bought). Get some tortilla shells and make wraps using fresh veggies, grated cheese, and whatever kind of meat you have around (like, more of that ham, or leftover chichen, or leftover lamb... not that we can afford that, just saying that it works too). A home-made cookie or brownie. A re-fillable drinking box of juice. A cup of fruit - fresh, canned or frozen (buy small plastic containers and make them up yourself). Start eating "real" food, and you won't miss the other stuff so much.

JMO, but... those frozen so-called "dinners" are just about worse than not eating.

Californiablonde

I'm a very picky eater. I don't like sandwiches or lunch meat. I don't like fruit. There's a lot that I won't eat. I like frozen dinners cause it's a nice hot meal plus I get the Lean Cuisine cause I'm on a diet and they're really low in calories. It's not so bad. I only have two more months to go. Hopefully like my mom said, it will go by quickly. Hopefully.

InsaneCdn

Isn't it funny how "picky eater" syndrome can run the whole gamut of options? I've always been labeled "extremely picky"... but what I do eat, is extremely healthy. (mostly... ok, confession... I DO love chocolate, and chips, and soda)

Californiablonde

Well the ladies at work decided to order mexican food so I got some. Ordered a chicken quesadilla with guacamole and sour cream. SO cheating on my diet but couldn't help myself. I'll be good tomorrow.

InsaneCdn

CB... you were not being bad today either. You're trying to break INTO some new habits, and that's almost as hard as breaking old ones. Next time, you might get to suggest a healthier source for order-in... but you're changing the dynamics of your lunch environment in healthy ways. Change comes at a cost - in this case, a few calories. NO GUILT.

Californiablonde

OMG and it was so totally worth it too! I only ate half and I'm saving the other half for dinner tonight. I'm kid free for the weekend so I don't have to worry about cooking.

DammitJanet

I watch all those prison and jail shows too. I find it soothing to me so I will know whats going on in case Cory ever ends up there...lol. Im just being proactive! I dont find the jail shows as scary. Most of them are pretty tame. Now Im not sure if you are in the LA area because that would be the only one that would worry me because that is huge and everyone goes through intake there. Most other places have a smaller jail that isnt like a prison.

Not that jail is somewhere anyone wants to be. I would be careful though because while they are telling you that it is an automatic 10 tens in jail I have a feeling it really isnt but what would happen is you would go to court and get that suspended but lose your license for another year.

Cory has gotten so many driving while suspended here that I dont think he is eligible to get his license until he is eligible for retirement. Seriously I asked him what it would cost to get a lawyer to get his license back and his lawyer said somewhere in the area of about 4K. I dont have that. If I did I would think about getting him back to ground zero.