Pray for us

beebz

please, "he" is upstairs sleeping. I picked him up yesterday freezing and out of his mind yet calm. I told him dad and I don't want him here yet here he is. His home/car was impounded. He seems delirious. I don't know what to do -

AppleCori

If he is delirious, I would take him to the ER immediately.

If your son is OK, call around to local shelters to find him a place. They work hard to make sure no one is left outside when the weather is bad.

beebz

I apologize. He is not delirious, his wife is, but she is not here.
He is frail, malnourished and sleep deprived.

beebz

He is still upstairs sleeping. I checked to see if he is alive. Just a shell of himself. Been here for 3 days? I don't even remember. When his father comes home he is dropping him off at a shelter because I am too much of a wuss to do it. This is awful. I heard his wife is off the rails/delusional and has no shoes. It is winter ! There is ice out there. Lord have Mercy

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I am so sorry that your son is addicted to heroin. This is a horrible journey for us.

Prayers he gets help and you stay strong.

HMBgal

Oh I'm so sorry for this. My daughter is sleeping in her car and it's wet and cold and not safe. And yet that is what her life choices have led her to. She's addicted to crystal meth. I feel your pain. I hope you can all find safety, help, and peace.

LJFromOz

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sending love and positive thoughts your way. It's such a difficult situation, but I think the shelter is a good choice.

Tired out

Warm hugs sent your way. We can't fix everything--I know--I have tried. let us know how the story unfolds. The main thing we want for our kids is to be warm, safe and to have enough self worth to take care of themselves. It doesn't seem a lot to ask.

beebz

*sigh*
I don't know where to begin or what I'll even remember after these past several days. I don't even know what day it is. He was here with me for 3 days. I yelled at him the whole time. Not loud, just *matter of factly*. There was a fight between his father and I because I didn't kick him out. When dad came home; he told him "tell me where you want a ride to" - "get out" - "I'm done"
The boy tried to ask to stay, he went blank. It was our first tough love. We wanted to take him to a shelter but he chose to go to the middle of a small town and get dropped off in the middle of nowhere.
I gave him a very expensive brand new sub zero jacket.

Nothing was heard until my other son kept calling me and it turned into phone tag.
My son used a friends sofa until the *friend asked him to leave. He begged his brother to help him of which the brother did. My son told me he didn't have a jacket at all ! ! omg - hocked /pawned/traded an expensive jacket already?

Good son put him up in a hotel.
Time was up and homeless son called successful son in a panic and terror and son put him up in a hotel for another week.

This homeless son had a whole year to get an ID of which he has made dozens of excuses as to why he hasn't got it.
He can NOT be alone and he can NOT think for himself.
It is super sad.
My successful son is currently guiding him and ordering him to do this and do that and take baby steps and he is already exhausted and finally understands what dad and I have been through for 20 years.

It is like talking to a 5 year old.
My heart is so broken over the fact that he is mental and shouldn't we take care of the mentally ill?

Again, he didn't steal a darn thing from me while he was here other than the missing coat after we kicked him out.

I'm on a loop, a loop, a loop, a loop of anguish/pain/worry/heartache. My heart hurts, I literally feel it hurting. I hope I don't have a heart attack. They run in the family and I've already had a stroke. (with zero residual effects)

He can't function, he is a non functioning human. dang it ! why why why -

Thank you all for your kind hearts and comments. It seems when I come here it is the only relief I feel when I read replies or type my heart out.
Warm regards -
beebz

BusynMember

If he is not on SSI or SSDI I recommend he apply. There are many services to help disabled adults...housing, work rehab, Medicare/Medicaid, food assistance, and a case manager. If he is in drugs they can help with rehab.

Hugs!!!

Dsmom

Know that we are all sending hugs...and understanding. There is no magic answer for the pain and anguish you are being subjected too. Just know that there are compatible hearts out here...

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so very sorry that you are enduring this. Prayers to your entire family, including both sons! You might seek out an Al-Anon Family Meeting or NA's Family Meeting. That is where family members can go to get support in how to deal with an addicted love one. If nothing else, being around other people who are in a very similar situation is comforting. Or it was for me. finally someone got "it", the traumatic endurance contest that is loving an addict/alcoholic.

Remember, if you do not take care of yourself and your own needs, you won't have any resources to deal with his needs.

(((((hugs)))))