Prayers for Star and her DF.

DammitJanet

I heard from Star yesterday and things are very bad in their little family. As we know they were in that accident not too long ago and they are still in bad pain from that. Star has been working because she doesnt qualify for FMLA because she hasnt worked at her job long enough to qualify for it which really bites and she doesnt want to lose this really good job.

In the past week or so her DF has become so increasingly bad painwise that they ended up going to his pain doctor to try to get him some relief. First off the pain doctor increased his dilaudid but that really didnt help. She managed to get him back in the van and get him back to the pain doctor again and they gave him oxycontin, that made him feel awful so the doctor sent them to the ER. At the ER, they gave him a bunch of fluids and some other stuff along with IV or IM dilaudid along with the steripred pack and a water pill because the fluids had caused his legs to swell up bad. They said that should make him feel a bunch better.

During this time he hadnt slept more than a few hours dozing on the couch as he could so he tried to go to sleep. Star went to bed because she didnt have to work the next day and she was looking forward to the next day getting up, making them both some coffee and doing whatever. Not to be. She came out to the kitchen and found him laying on the floor shaking uncontrollably. She asked him how long he had been there. Since three am. He was shaking so badly he had ground dirt into his skin. This time they called the ambulance to get him seen faster.

He has osteomylitis (sp), abscesses all over the hardware he got put in about 10 years about in his pelvis from a motorcycle accident and is very sick. He has been moved to the ICU. No one knows how he got these abscesses. They have to take him into a CT scan and biopsy the abscesses to find out what type they are. Hopefully they will respond to antibiotics. Most likely he will have to have all that hardware replaced now. But still...why did the abscesses suddenly hit now? I think they grew because of the knee surgery if it was done without completely sterile conditions. If MRSA was anywhere around, it could have gotten in and attacked the weakest link. I guess. Or maybe this stuff has been the cause of all his pain all along and he is just now finding it out. Who knows.

But that family could sure use some prayers, bead rattling, chicken dancing or candle lighting. Im really afraid he might be in the hospital for a long time and that will stretch a very thing and hurt herself star to her breaking limits.

LittleDudesMom

Prayers, beads rattling, candles lit, and body parts crossed that they find a remedy fast that will give him some relief and answers. Many hugs to Star.

Sharon

Calamity Jane

That is so awful for Star and her DF. Such kind people should not have to go through this. Please know I will keep Star and DF in my prayers and will continue praying for healing and pain relief. Hope the antibiotics will work on the abscesses.

TerryJ2

Oh, my, what a mess! Thank you for letting us know, Janet. Gentle, healing, soothing thoughts for Star and her DF on their way from VA.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Oh my, sending many prayers, warm wishes for a quick and painless recovery, peace and calm and many gentle hugs for Star.................

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Prayers being said, body parts crossed, good thoughts being held.

Oh, my! Not good. I hope they can get his pain managed and get this figured out quickly!