Prayers Needed

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole's best friend is 26 wks pregnant. The girl was born with spina bifida and internal birth defects due to her mother's profound drug usuage while pregnant. Docs had to "repair" the girl's bowels, stomach, ect and then protect the organs with a layer of silicone type material under the skin. She's not built internally like a normal person. Docs had wanted her to terminate the preg but she refused.

They never thought it would progress this far. There just isn't room for the baby to grow properly. However the lil guy seems to be made of the same stuff as his Mom cuz he's hanging in there despite many complications. A month ago her OB (a high risk one) told her that the baby's kidney were failing and he wasn't growing properly. He's very small. On top of this her placenta is positioned really low and has been causing bleeding.

She was admitted to our hospital today in agony. They feared the silicone protecting her internal organs had ripped. She was careflighted to Dayton. Fortunately the protection is still in tact, but she's in labor and is dialated to 5. Docs are going to attempt to tie her cervix closed in the morning. (if possible)

This is the sweetest girl you'd ever meet. Her life has been nothing but a struggle from the beginning, but physical and otherwise. Her parents are still hard core addicts/ alcoholics. She has no support system other than us. And now that she's so far away there isn't alot we can do. :frown:

Docs don't know if either Mom or baby will survive this pregnancy. But the girl is determined to try because she knows this will most likely be her only chance to have a child.

I'm worried sick about her. We've been in constant phone contact since she was admitted.

Prayers and major bead rattling will be greatly appreciated.

Prayers going out to mom and baby. May God hold them in His arms and care for them in these crucial hours.

Prayers going out to you and Nichole. May God comfort you and ease your worries.

Prayers going out to the medical staff caring for them. May God keep their minds sharp and their hands steady.

Please keep us informed.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We just spoke to Nichole's best friend. Docs were unable to tie her cervix closed, she was contracting too hard and dialating too rapidly.

The tiny baby boy was delivered this morning. He passed away shortly after. :sad:

Of course this young mother is devistated. We're heartbroken for her loss as well. My heart just aches for her. I know how much this child meant to her.

Thank you for the prayers.

Hugs

I am so sorry. That baby is her angel. He will be watching over her forever more.
:angel:

My prayers go out to her that she be comforted in this time of grief. To you and Nichole as well.