Prednisone has triggered a manic phase in difficult child and ptsd in me!!!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
And her poor fiance, E. He texted me this morning, "I have literally never seen her like this!!! Help!" They stopped over on their way to work and difficult child was off the walls. The dr gave her prednisone yesterday so she took four 5mg tabs midday and another four last night before bed. She didn't sleep at all, so neither did E. She is BUZZING, humming. I couldn't wait for her to leave. She just phoned me and I swear I can feel my entire body constrict just hearing her talk...it really is a ptsd trigger for me to hear her like that...totally out of her mind, on top of the world, invincible. Scary.

Prednisone makes me speed a little and after a few days, I do feel quite buzzed. Her reaction was instant. I told her to stop taking it and made her give me the script for safe keeping, lol.

I warned E that when she crashes, it may get ugly. He said he won't plan anything for the evening and keep it low key.

busywend

Yikes! Glad E seems to be a good one, supportive and not just getting angry with her. Especially with not sleeping! LOL!

Hope she comes good and has a sleep fest!

DammitJanet

Oh ugh. I so know what that is like. I had to explain yesterday my "allergy" to steroids. While not a true allergy, I am bipolar and it is a matter of picking the lessor of two evils. I will only take a steroid if it is a matter of life and death.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
She is doing okay, but her breathing is a bit labored without the prednisone. She has a cortisone inhaler that has albuterol in it so she's a bit jumpy/shaky. But she is slowly getting back to her normal self, thank god. E is very relieved! She worked yesterday and today-yesterday was tough holding it all together at work, but today she did better. I hope she stays on track with the antibiotic because that is what will end up helping the most by getting rid of the sinus infection. Stinks. I was able to avoid a sinus infection this spring with my allergies because I used the nasal spray religiously. My dr ran out of samples so now I need a real script. I hope difficult child has similar results.

Thanks for the good thoughts.

TerryJ2

Ugh! I HATE prednisone. I know that it is a necessary evil but I just hate it.
I hope everyone gets sleep now and that things calm down.