Preggo scare and other annoyances.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I had to go away on business the past two days. While I was gone, difficult child spent those two days, except for the two hours she was on interviews, in bed. She's been eating constantly, can't seem to quell the hunger. She's been nauseas and has been peeing non-stop (this according to both difficult child and easy child). When she was talking with easy child, apparently it was in front of easy child's boyfriend and together they told difficult child her symptoms sounded like pregnancy. I could smack them both. (First of all, I hate that easy child tells her boyfriend everything about difficult child - she should NOT be made to feel like a freak in her own home and that's the way easy child and her boyfriend behave whenever difficult child opens her mouth).

Anyway, I spoke with difficult child this morning, I admit it, I complained to her about how I was gone for 2 days and the house is a nightmare - that I should be able to rely on her and easy child to keep things up, as well as H, but he's been useless lately (when I arrived home late last night, there was dog poop on the living room floor and the place was simply a mess). So, in the middle of my rant, difficult child quietly hung up on me. I called her back and she was crying that she needed to see the DR and then it all came out...she claims that she can't be pregnant (famous last words, right?). Well, I made an appointment at the regular DR for this afternoon and told them difficult child will need a pregnancy test. If she's pregnant it is from some random guy as she hasn't had a real boyfriend in a bit. And I will just want to choke her. So, please keep your fingers crossed the test comes out negative, thanks.

And tonight, we're having a family meeting ONCE AGAIN to instruct easy child how to care for a puppy. I'm also going to instruct her to not repeat everything to her boyfriend.

Last edited:

DammitJanet

Lord have mercy....Welcome HOME!

I certainly hope difficult child isnt preggo. Just what you both need. Hope the talk goes well.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I remember times like that, getting a break away and then coming home to a pigsty Ugh.

I pray she isn't pregnant and that it's just a false alarm.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
difficult child hasn't had a period in almost 9 months. She gets the depo-provera shot for BC. While I can see why she likes not getting her periods (Lord, I wish mine would stop!), I really hate that we have no way of knowing what's up in between, you know?

I hope they send her for bloodwork as well, it's been a while since she's had a workup so she's due. Even if she's not pregnant, it'd be nice to see where her hormone, thyroid, and cholesterol levels are falling. Her cholesterol has always been high and her hormones were all over the map last time they ran a test, which was over a year ago.

I"m so annoyed at our DR's office as well. When I called this morning and said she needed to be seen, they said they were booked until tomorrow. Don't doctors leave any available blocks of time for sick patients anymore? This doctors office has been really pissing me off in the last few months. I called the other day for her to call in one of my medications and she wouldn't do it without seeing me first. So I called my gyno instead and they called it in. Hmph!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Home pregnancy tests are pretty accurate these days. You could have her do one today if you can't stand the wait until her appointment. I think you can have a false negative with them....but not a false positive.

Fingers crossed.

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Suz, under certain circumstances....you can get a false positive. Blood in the urine will make it test positive.

Jo, get a serum preg test. Nichole has one done before they give her each of the bc shots. Her ob won't give her the new shot without one. Which makes me feel better because my neice got preggers with her daughter on the shot, went without prenatal care for 6 mos because docs refused to believe she was preggers. It was a mess. Despite the docs warning of deformities ect, Autumn was born normal, although she does have learning issues and is a difficult child.

Keeping fingers crossed it's a false alarm. Have them check her thyroid too, just in case.

Hugs

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Jo, get a serum preg test. Nichole has one done before they give her each of the bc shots. Her ob won't give her the new shot without one. Which makes me feel better because my neice got preggers with her daughter on the shot, went without prenatal care for 6 mos because docs refused to believe she was preggers. It was a mess. Despite the docs warning of deformities ect, Autumn was born normal, although she does have learning issues and is a difficult child. Keeping fingers crossed it's a false alarm. Have them check her thyroid too, just in case. Hugs

Okay, Serum Preg test and Thyroid. Thanks all! She goes in today at 4:15. Sending up a prayer. I don't want to cross that bridge yet.

recovering doormat

Lapsed CDer
Dear Lord, my heart goes out to you! I have an 18 year old who had sex for the first time last week, unprotected, with the boyfriend of a friend that she had gone to visit. She was fall down, throw up drunk at the time. The next day she went to the drugstore and got the morning after pill, or Plan B, or whatever you call it, and took it.

How do I know this? My difficult child 1 sure didn't tell me. She told her younger brother and sister, and the youngest told me and make me promise not to confront big sister because big sister is so volatile.

So perhaps she dodged the pregnancy bullet, but she's got to get tested for STD's. She was crazy and cruel to do what she did (don't think the other girl knows what happened, at least I hope she didn't) and that guy is a dog.

I hate this stuff. I know it sounds terribly sexist, but there are times that I wish my daughters were boys.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Jo, it's 9:30 and her appointment was several hours ago. I'm starting to get nervous...

Suz

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
NOT PREGNANT!!!

YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!

Hallellulah! So what was up? Apparently, my daughter was drinking up to 6 cups of coffee a day and rather than eating real food, she was just sort of grazing on snacks. I had no idea, as I've been preoccupied with other things; besides, why should I have to watch what she's eating and drinking like she's a 2nd grader? Anyway, the DR said it explained the nausea, the frequent peeing, headaches and her being tired/nervous all the time. The DR gave her a lecture & difficult child said she seemed very annoyed (can't blame her, we've been through this 5 times or more!). It's not like I don't have food in the house - healthy foods. Last night I made her help me cook dinner - the kid needs to learn how to cook real meals already.

Oh, Thank you God.

trinityroyal

Whew! So glad to hear that result.
Now, getting her to take care of herself...that's the next hill to climb.

Hugs, Jo.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
So sorry I couldn't respond.....

I read the prego scare, passed out, hit my head and just woke up -

UGH-

Also - Depo is NOT really supposed to be for someone who has NOT had a child yet. AND it made me a raging bottle of hormones....I was Not nice when I took it - and I gained a boatload of weight.....once off? Hormone levels went back to normal, and I lost the weight.

Could that have something to do with her MEANIES?? I can't believe they put her on that Depo. Ugh.