Programs at the independent district they are letting me tour

T

TeDo

Buddy, I feel exactly the same way only I don't even have the supportive family having my back. I totally get where you're coming from.

As for the school thing, I think this program sounds perfect and I really hope it's all it's cracked up to be....for Q's sake. I would pointedly ask when you tour which part of the program they are thinking of putting Q in. I share your concern that the school's "perspective" was for the full-out aggressive behavior part especially since they are ssoooo worried about YOUR safety. I'm sure the picture they painted isn't anywhere close to the truth so you'll need to get that across right away.

I'm glad to hear the SD is finally "running scared". They shoud be. Kudos to you advocate!! I LOVE that woman....hope I don't ever need her services but glad to know she's there and that she's GOOD at what she does. Too bad I didn't know that a year ago. I REALLY could have used her....but.....oh well.

Keep hoping!! Take care of yourself (like sleeping at night instead of posting on here)!! Give Q a hug for me (if he'll let you) and have him give YOU one for me!!

buddy

Well, she knows of you (not your name of course) and she already said you can call her directly, not go thru intake. and she did that for my friend who is in this district, and they have his transition IEP done...locked and loaded! My friend is so much happier (not perfect but not the one size fits all IEP they were proposing)

Buddy, I feel exactly the same way only I don't even have the supportive family having my back. I totally get where you're coming from.

As for the school thing, I think this program sounds perfect and I really hope it's all it's cracked up to be....for Q's sake. I would pointedly ask when you tour which part of the program they are thinking of putting Q in. I share your concern that the school's "perspective" was for the full-out aggressive behavior part especially since they are ssoooo worried about YOUR safety. I'm sure the picture they painted isn't anywhere close to the truth so you'll need to get that across right away.

I'm glad to hear the SD is finally "running scared". They shoud be. Kudos to you advocate!! I LOVE that woman....hope I don't ever need her services but glad to know she's there and that she's GOOD at what she does. Too bad I didn't know that a year ago. I REALLY could have used her....but.....oh well.

Keep hoping!! Take care of yourself (like sleeping at night instead of posting on here)!! Give Q a hug for me (if he'll let you) and have him give YOU one for me!!