crazymama30

We went to see psychiatrist today, and Cody was bouncing off the walls. He wants to try Daytrana patch to help with ADHD symptoms. We are staying at 100mg of Lamictal, and this seems to be a good spot for him. I am leery of stims. He has not been on Daytrana, or its pill equivalent. We will start Friday, as I will be out of town Wed to Fri with easy child on a field trip to the coast. :thumb:

Cody was nervous about that, but we decided he can stay nights with grandma who lives 5 blocks down as husband does not do mornings as he often does not sleep due to his pain issues. difficult child wants to make sure someone makes sure he gets to school. :bravo: At least he likes school. Grandma is fully aware of difficult child's issues, and I think (hope) this is a good solution. I just have to give easy child some time also, as difficult child takes so much. She is so excited.

Anyways, come Friday, maybe Saturday, wish us luck.

K

Kjs

I am sure anxiety is not going to help matters. Thank goodness for Grandma. Hope he feels comfortable there.
Hope the patch will help. My experience with any other medication, in connection with using Lamictal has not been good.
I take Strattera. Read more about it. It is NOT a stimulant as other medications are for ADHD. Stimulants and lamictal didn't work for us. But he does not have ADHD.
Good Luck, I am sure things will be just fine.

LittleDudesMom

It's great that difficult child is comforable with grandma and doesn't want to miss school! Hope you and easy child have a great time together.

In regards to the medications, I think you need to follow your gut feelings. Try it this weekend and go from there.

Sharon

Alisonlg

Trialing new medications always feels like walking on eggshells, doesn't it? Good luck! I hope it goes well. Keep us updated as the weekend goes on!

I hope you and easy child enjoy the field trip! I'm glad you'll be getting some quality time together without difficult child- I'm sure easy child will treasure it! Also glad to hear that difficult child is comfortable with grandma and anxious to get to school! All good things! :smile:

branbran

Go Grandma. Gotta love Grandmas!! I hope you and your daughter have a great time. It's nice to give the pcs one on one time. The difficult child's take so much of our time and energy, it will be really nice for your daughter to have mommy all to herself.

Have a safe and fun filled trip!!! When you get back tell us all about it. :smile:

p.s. Good luck with the patch.

crazymama30

KJS- difficult child has been on Strattera and it did nothing. So far I am impressed with Lamictal. Cyclothymia is a mood disorder, similiar to bipolar, but not as extreme. difficult child's highs and lows are disruptive, but not as much as some. His diagnosis is still a work in progress, as it is for many. I am just leary of stims, of new medications, I guess of changes.