Pushing my buttons - VENT

mstang67chic

Going Green
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have known things have been going too well. difficult child stayed home from school today (a whopping 3 days in) and had watched tv from about 3 or 4 on. At 8 I told him I was changing it because I wanted to watch the Olympics. Imgaine that....I wanted to watch tv in my OWN house and not relegated to the tv in my bedroom like normal. The freaking nerve!

He. Went. Off.

Apparently, since I have watched tv for the last bleeping five days, I didn't need to. And I also need to get up off my arse and go out and look for a job. (You mean besides Careerbuilder, monster, sologig, hot jobs, craigslist and numerous individual businesses sites?) Mr. Knows It All apparently thinks that it's not possible to look for jobs online and all I do is sit here and talk to my friends all day. ( HA! Wonder what he'll think later this evening when I finish off the last little bit of ice cream straight out of the carton??? Sitting on my fat arse on the couch of course! LMBO) And lest I forget...ye ol' standby was used. I'm such a f'ing b.

I'm so sick of his mouthy, punk, full of bull hockey, "I'm entitled to everything I want" attitude. After TEN YEARS he still hasn't figure out that this is NOT his house and he does NOT make the rules. I'm so glad he has a job. Now he can save money for an apartment because I'm counting the days till I can kick his butt (possibly literally depending on my mood at the time) right out the door. (Lots of insurance and financial issues right now keeping that from happening)

klmno

Wooooo!!! The way I look at it- your house, your choice. It is not an equal situation here. He cannot require you to look for a job and whether or not you do or how you choose to go about it has nothing to do with when you watch your tv. It sounds like he's a little confused about the rules. I don't blame you for needing to vent- that attitude and those actions would fly all over me, too.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Vent away! I'm sorry he is being so incredibly rude. Honestly, where do our kids get these ideas? Mine is the same way and I get the same endearing language. I love that you are going to eat the last bit of ice cream! Sending hugs your way.

DammitJanet

Oh stang! I so hear you on that attitude! I cannot abide that "I am better than you, this is MY house, YOu are here to serve me, You can not tell me what to do...blah blah blah" junk! I keep attempting to throw the fact that ONLY my name is on the title to this house and what I say goes but it doesnt get through his pee sized brain.

Marguerite

I'm with those who indicate that a sudden loss of luxuries is in order. I'd be shutting off the power. To EVERYTHING. Go out to the meter box and pull the fuses. All of them. OK, maybe leave the hot water and lighting connected.

Then go out and visit a friend. Take the fuses and spare fuse wire with you.

Marg

meowbunny

Yup, been there done that, bought the t-shirt, threw it away, dug it out of the trash, still have it. The complete and total arrogance of youth is truly astounding.

The joy of being 18 and reaching the age of majority is not a lot of fun for parents. They think they have the right to do and say what they please while we foot the bill for their abuse. While mine is out of my home (finally!), she still thinks she has certan inalienable rights in my home. Good luck.

KTMom91

Yep, me too. I have exactly 365 more days till she's 18. Wonder if I'll still be an f'ing b then?

Sending hugs.