Relapse wins again

StillStanding

After more than 3 months clean, outpatient drug treatment, medication compliance and a job... a slip into relapse followed by a fast moving spiral. My kind, funny and charming son has been replaced with a desperate liar once again.

I'm not looking for advice but there's nobody in my "real" world who can understand the darkness of watching a child throw everything away... again.

I won't sleep tonight but I've schedule a spa massage and shopping trip for tomorrow. It won't ease my disappointment or erase my worry but it will remind me that I can still live my life.

My thoughts are with you all tonight. Take care of yourselves.

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
Still standing,

I'm right there with you. We had just under a year at home with success climbing to almost independent, then bam.

I don't know how our stories will involve, but there are thousands of them. Our son is just getting a taste of having nothing, I don't get it, he loves work. But can't admit that sticking a needle in his arm ultimately killed his relationship with his family. He showed up last night, won't ask for anything but is still so angry, sober and angry...it's so sad, but he has a long way to go...

Have a great day:) it's Spider-Man and milkshakes here with our family,
Mof

Albatross

Very sorry to read about his slip.
I won't sleep tonight but I've schedule a spa massage and shopping trip for tomorrow. It won't ease my disappointment or erase my worry but it will remind me that I can still live my life.
I love this.
I hope he gets back on board soon. In the meantime, I am hoping you are able to find a bit of calm today.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
After more than 3 months clean, outpatient drug treatment, medication compliance and a job... a slip into relapse followed by a fast moving spiral. My kind, funny and charming son has been replaced with a desperate liar once again.

I'm not looking for advice but there's nobody in my "real" world who can understand the darkness of watching a child throw everything away... again.

My thoughts are with you all tonight. Take care of yourselves.
Taking care of you is important. Life will go on and sadly our DCs will do what they do.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Sorry to hear this. I'm sure this is not your first rodeo with him.

I'm on a high wave right now with our son but I've had plenty of low waves too.

I try not to get too happy or sad. Sick of that.

My son seems to do well 3 months and then he relapses. It's almost like a pattern. Maybe the weather?

On a much deeper level, I sometimes think it has to do with Mother Earth. We're all a product of the earth/universe. I'm trying to figure it out but cannot.

Littleboylost

I am not a religious person I was brought up Roman Catholic and am the youngest of 10 kids. My parents did the best they could to raise us. My dad drank a lot and was a provider or corporal punishment. My mother was soft hearted and loving but took no BS 2 brothers were kicked out of the Hosue for drug abuse. I was on my own at 17. I believe we are a product of our environment and how we Interpret it. Perception is reality. In my DCs perception. He had a hard life. This baffles me as he was an only child and was given many many privledges. I think in his mind it is how he justifies his behavior. Why some people can endure such hardship and bare parenting and come out well wise and independent whine others become so drug dependent and needy is a mystery I have yet to have the universe unravel for me.

BusynMember

RN, i am surprised there are so many spiritual people here.

I believe we choose our paths before we are born to help us learn (and those around us), but we have free will. We can alter where we are.

Some of the biggest steps we take on our lifes journey are overcoming/dealing with very hard situations. If you and your son get past this, you will both have come so far.

I am so sure of this that my life has become significantly easier. I see everything as a lesson/challenge and deal with it better than before. Sometimes I have to just let go.

Your sons path, regardless of what you believe, is not set in stone. But only he can change it. One day he will quit for good. He is not nearly as bad off as many...and he must be learning from all the people in sober living...I believe in him.

Littleboylost

RN, i am surprised there are so many spiritual people here.

I believe we choose our paths before we are born to help us learn (and those around us), but we have free will. We can alter where we are.

Some of the biggest steps we take on our lifes journey are overcoming/dealing with very hard situations. If you and your son get past this, you will both have come so far.

I am so sure of this that my life has become significantly easier. I see everything as a lesson/challenge and deal with it better than before. Sometimes I have to just let go.

Your sons path, regardless of what you believe, is not set in stone. But only he can change it. One day he will quit for good. He is not nearly as bad off as many...and he must be learning from all the people in sober living...I believe in him.
Well said. I am incredibly spiritual just not religious. There is a greater power than us in this universe and in that we have to trust.

BusynMember

Im not religious, but I agree with you. I am convinced by various expeiences that our energy/conscienceness goes on after bodily death and that this life is one of many. I often think,"This life is hard but I learned a lot. It will be calming to go back to spirit until I come back to learn more lessons for my soul to evolve." It makes me see the big picture in a very different way. I also look forward to seeing my loved ones who have already crossed again :)