difficult child has been in psychiatric hospital for more than 3 weeks. During that time, he has been completely taken off his seroquel (which means, no more lithium or seroquel in his system). He has had no serious problems and has been doing well for most of his stay. When he was admitted, there was one doctor on duty who was here for a month. He has since left and there is a new doctor in his place. I have no idea how long she will be there, but it is so frustrating to be in the position of "overlapping doctors". It's strange because difficult child has regularly been going to out patient appointments at the same facility and his collaborative day program is at the same facility, as well - and this is causing some kinks to say the least. New psychiatrist on duty called me yesterday morning at work. Said she had extensively reviewed difficult child's inpatient file and had met with him. She said she felt he was becoming "too comfortable" with inpatient life and that because he had been having no problems, she wanted to look at a Tuesday discharge. No problem, I said, but what about collaborative day? Are they going to take him back? Have you spoken with his outpatient doctor? She had not talked to outpatient doctor and had no ideas regarding the collaborative day situation. Suggested I call coll day coordinator, which I did. I left messages for him, for difficult child's social worker (on site) and for his outpatient psychiatrist. I received calls back from all of them and nobody knew what the other was doing. I was giving THEM the information. Each told me that was not my job, etc. I told them I was TOLD to call them. Jeesh. If it's not my job, why was I asked to do it? I don't mind making calls, but we cannot have a discharge plan without the school situation settled and without support plans in place. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, don't want to do it again. I told collaborative day coordinator that none of them were "holding hands". He tells me there are rules of ethics that bar outpatient from having too much influence where inpatient doctor decisions are concerned. And, it is still his opinion that collaborative day did not want to accept difficult child back into the program because difficult child had been so negative about returning (he hates it there and doesn't mind saying so). Not to mention that when he called our sd, they said they still felt that collaborative day was the best placement for difficult child and that they 'knew he would be there longer than we had anticipated'. GRRRRR!!!! Heaven forbid we all get on the same page and in the same room for an hour to really decide what is best for difficult child and to make a workable plan for discharge and for his survival after inpatient stay. They have all promised to work on their "parts" of the situation. I am assuming that a CSE meeting will be immediately called, but am not sure of the outcome considering the opinions of all involved. Sorry this has turned into a bit of a vent, but at this point I am so frustrated. Thanks for listening.