See difficult child. See difficult child climb a tree. It is tall. Climb difficult child, climb!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
difficult child is high in the tree.
difficult child has to pee. Now. ...

See easy child.
She is not happy.
She saw difficult child pee in the tree.
So did her friend.
It was gross.
They are not happy.
They tell me.

AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!

This difficult child moment was brought to you by my difficult child 2, who, at 13.5 years got the riot act read to him and sent to bed 90 minutes early for pulling this stunt in our front yard last night.

Oh, and he also revealed that he thinks he lost his iPod nano at school (WHY was it at school???) yesterday when he tossed it into his dilapidated backpack that has a hole the size of a softball in the main section (WHY he didn't put it in the zippered pouch where it would be safe he simply could not explain). I told him that was really too bad for him and that if he wants another one, he'd better start saving.

:faint:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Why am I suddenly seeing Jett?

And yeah... Onyxx did the same thing with 2 MP3 players and an expensive camera her grandmother gave her. At school? WHY?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It does work on rabbits provided you've eaten a meat heavy meal the same day. I used to give husband a steak dinner and a six pack of beer with orders to "pee the perimeters" of the garden. Seemed to really help, but it's definitely something you want to do well after dark if you live in an inhabited area,

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh I can see that now... husband going out the back to pee on the garden stakes... And the kid next door throwing a FIT.

We have trees, but...

I needed tha laugh! THANKS! :D

Marguerite

Losing valuable stuff at school - sorry, too often it's not lost. In some cases stolen from the bag, but where it happens more than once, especially with a difficult child who doesn't have neurological deficits, I would suspect some trading going on. Sorry, Step. But she's been getting money from somewhere.

As for a boy peeing from great heights, I would explain about the inverse square law and the aerosol problem, the way the stream spreads out and covers a much wider area. Dept of Health regs insist that such things doe not get put on top of the ground, but instead must be bleach-treated, diluted and distributed sub-surface, in places where they want 'natural' methods of sewage disposal. OK, urine is supposed to be sterile, but one it's out there it can become a haven for bacteria to colonise.

However, he's a teen male. He was feeling free, up a tree. There was more bravado in this than commonsense.

Store away this nut and threaten to bring it out on his 21st, or in your wedding speech. And as for easy child - tell her she needs to be faster with the camera. Blackmail material such as this should be treasured! ANd simply knowing his sis has taken a photo to show Mum - that should put a stop to this sort of public display!

Marg

TerryJ2

Inverse square law, Marg? That only works when you're in a car and you spit gum out the window and it hits your little sister in the face... :tongue:

Gcv mom, glad you haven't lost your sense of humor. Sigh.

I hope you get the Ipod back.

Glad my difficult child hasn't pulled the tree stunt yet. He's gone in the bushes a few times, though.

susiestar

Roll With It
Just be glad no one called the cops. Around here they can arrest you for peeing outside. I know a guy who is on the sexual predator list because he was drunk at an outdoor party and went behind a building to pee. Some girls saw him and told a cop nearby. It even says on the record you can pull up that he was "exposing himself to urinate in public while intoxicated". The business holding the party did not realize how many people would come and didn't have near enough port a potties. It was at the beginning of the registries, but it kept him out of law school.

I think Marg's blackmail idea is probably the best way to handle it, LOL.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I love the blackmail idea!!

About the losing stuff-difficult child has lost a cell phone and an ipod shuffle. We told him he could save for one or wait until it was time to upgrade our cells (in other words, when they would be free). He just got his new phone after a year and a new shuffle after more than a year.

Andy

Oh My! I think I am glad I didn't have brothers. Hard to tell if he really had to go or thought about trying an experience.

Up a tree made the perfect hiding place for my difficult child in flashlight tag a few weeks ago. Our neighbor girl told me he was at the tree hiding (she was being a very good secret keeper as she walked around with the younger girls who were "it"). I thought he was AT the tree hiding but she and difficult child both told me later he was UP the tree hiding! Good one! I was wondering how she would have known but the others would not have seen him when they walked past the tree.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh, I do like Marg's approach! :) We'll have to remember that little nugget!

He's really sad about the iPod, but this is just one of those things we all have to go through at some point.

Something just hasn't been right with him the past two days, though. After Tuesday's incident and sending him to bed early, you'd think he would have been well-rested. He came home from school yesterday and was absolutley wiped out. And he seemed depressed and was irritable. He laid on the couch watching the science channel the rest of the afternoon. Finally, at 5 o'clock I suggested he go take a short nap in his room. Except for waking him at 8:30p to take his medications, he never got up again! Very weird. No fever, though. Not sure what's up but at least today's the last day of school!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I'm with you, Janet. All the guys I knew in Maine peed outdoors, no biggie. I just objected when the boys peed on their younger female classmate. Her brother regularly stood in his bedroom to pee through his window. That I found odd, a tree is okay. Must be a country boy kind of thing. Sure came in handy when the deer were eating our asters!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
BFF's 3-year-old thinks it's funny to pee outside. Saw Daddy do it... And both big brothers. Agh! Fortunately for them, they live on about 6 acres in the back of beyond.

When we went camping - we were not near a toilet. I walked to it twice, and actually went back in the woods twice. Both times it was dark and husband was my lookout. But without something to sit on - I can't aim! So... UGH. Buying a portapotty like my parents had when we camped when I was a kid...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, I have no problem with peeing outdoors when it's appropriate/necessary. But peeing out of the tree in our front yard next to the sidewalk in a suburban neighborhood because you are too lazy to walk 25 feet to the bathroom inside your house and you think it would be fun to get a reaction out of the neighbor kids is not o.k. It might be cute when you're 2, but it's not when you're 13.5 -- just my opinion. difficult child 2 is the type of kid who will run with something like this the second he thinks he's justified in doing it, unfortunately. :mad:

TerryJ2

I'm with-gcvmom--there is a difference.
This is a good illustration: Both times it was dark and husband was my lookout.
IOW, it's about alternatives, privacy, consideration, and in many cases, hygiene.
This is how we teach our children to become civilized adults.