Seeing Nice Improvements

J

joneshockey

I just wanted to post an update on B2's progress since I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I have been pleasently surprised at B2 progress over the last couple of weeks with his behavior. I have been noticing that he is starting to verbalize his anger more now instead of just reacting physically to it. At times it seems like he even is trying to avoid confrontation when other kids are not being nice to him... this is quit a shock and is VERY interesting to me! He has gone from 10-12 violent episodes per day to 0-4 per day. Thank you Risperdal! I am beginning to think that it has really started to kick in now. I am actually starting to feel more confident about taking him places without the constant fear of him having a melt down. We even are going to start cutting back on the number of therapy sessions too (from every week to every other week)... At this time I only have 2 concerns: How is he going to react when I go back to work in 1 week and why is he starting to show new fears for things that he has loved doing in the past?(slidding down the firemans pole at the park, petting the goats at the zoo, etc.) I am cautiously optimistic about his continous sucess on this medication.