Semi-Update on Belle

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Well...

There's not much to tell, really.

2 weeks ago she changed her plea to guilty on the muliple count 5th degree felonies of receiving stolen property, forgery, theft... And apparently filed a plea agreement. I have no idea what was in it.
She called husband on Rose's birthday to wish her a happy one. I doubt Rose even remembers her now... :sad: That sucks, for both her and Belle. She has been gone since Rose was 5 1/2 months old.

Her boyfriend has been sentenced to 2 years for 5 different felonies (including burglary, receiving stolen property, theft, complicity and escape), to be served concurrently with time credited for his time in jail, at a rehab/corrections facility (CCI) in the next county over. This is the one they use... I really hope they don't sentence Belle to the same place. At 19-20, 2 years is a LONG TIME. To me, not so much.

Biogma is visiting her every week (or so we think, per a friend whose son was in football with Pat and daughter is a difficult child the same age as Belle... Sharing a cell with Belle, too). I hate that, as long as biogma is around, she will enable Belle. I hope Belle is strong enough to overcome that.

StressedM0mma

Sorry to hear that things are not going well for her. I had hoped everything would turn out differently. While I am not expecting difficult child to head to jail, I am seeing similar things happening here. Sigh. What does it take for our kids to learn?

dstc_99

Hopefully she will be able to get some help there. Unfortunately it sounds like she might wind up in the same place as boyfriend and that would be horrible.

DammitJanet

Im so sorry to hear this about her but Im not surprised she finally is in jail or prison depending on the length of a sentence she got. Rest assured that even if she and boyfriend are in the same facility they wont have any contact. They keep the women and men separated. Im not even sure they can write to each other if they are both incarcerated. Some jails allow it and some dont.

I watch a lot of the LockUp TV show and for some strange reason they give me comfort. I am absolutely sure a person could end up there and be okay if they behave themselves. I have seen shows where they have really good programs for people. In one show I saw, the inmates were making flags and quilts. Some of the quilts they made were going to either injured service members or to their parents if they died in action. That made me feel good about the place. I know there is a downside but life is what you make of it.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Janet... It's a plea agreement. WE don't know the sentence... But her final hearing is in late November... Weird, eh?

DammitJanet

That I sorta understand from being around the court system so long. It can take them awhile to go through all the channels until everything is sorted out.