Shari' and WO's virtual Christmas Tree party!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I saw in another post that Shari and WO hadn't gotten a tree for Christmas and may be lacking a few holiday spirits! Knowing this group and their generous hearts - and knowing that we haven't had a virtual party in a while I thought that we could throw a virtual Christmas tree decoration party for them!

You are all invited once again to the D.A. Ranch in mildy cold SC. I have gotten a 20' Blue Spruce tree with root ball - (planting it later in the North) and I'm asking that everyone join us here for a night of Merry Making by bringing an ornament (please describe) then come in - hang on the tree which is only decorated in 10000 lights of multiple colors -

Queen of Hearts Linda is playing the Yamaha Grand in the corner - the bar is fully stocked, DF is out back giving sleigh rides for the kids, and the dress is however you want to come - casual, dressy, - Christmassy. Bring whatever you wish or nothing at all - any gifts will be passed out amongst all the children that show up -

SO GODBLESS YE MERRY GENTLE MEN! And Enjoy the party!

I'll be the one pulling the team of Santas Donkeys hauling Santa to the Children's barn for the toy opening at 8:00PM.

Thanks for Coming and Have a Great time!

KTMom91

My ornament will be...of course...a lamb. Very woolly, with a red bow around her neck and a sweet little smile on her face.

And for refreshments, since I just put together several jars of Confetti Bean Soup Mix, I'll bring those along with my Crock Pot to cook them in. Miss KT will make some extra fudge, Hubby will have his toolbox in case something breaks or needs rewiring, and Buddy will share his Canine Cookies after he finishes playing with Princess Pootie. Hopefully Chester and Jack will show up, too!

Jena

ok i really want to go to this~~~ LOL. sounds alot better than what i have planned for xmas!!! we should do this one year.

i'm bringing tray of lasagna and butter cookies. for an ornament a disco ball PINK!! easy child's favorite :)

next.......................

H

HaoZi

I will bring two of the long-lost ornaments I loved as a child. My grandmother made a whole set of bells from beads and wire, most of the multi-colored to some degree, but the one I really remember was made entirely from pearly slightly shimmery white beads. The other one was one my mom made, a gold thread ball that she had decorated with push-pins and beads (there were a set of four of them she made, also long gone), and the way it looked always made me think of Cinderella's carriage.
For refreshments I shall bring hot spiced cider, and I will slip a "Day Free of difficult child-ness" pass in everyone's stocking.

tiredmommy

I'm bringing small, hinged-top wooden boxes to hang on the tree. They are beautifully carved mahogany and I have brought one for everyone with there with our board names inscribed. What to put inside the box? It is a place for memories, emotions and for our hearts when they need to be tucked away. Merrie Christmas.

trinityroyal

I'm bringing snowflake ornaments to hang on the tree. They pick up the light beautifully (and I'm from the Great White North -- I HAVE to bring snow :tongue:)

I will also bring song sheets to lead everyone in singing favourite Christmas songs. If QoH Linda can accompany that will be lovely. Otherwise, I can pitch in. We will sing, make merry and decorate the tree.
:choir:

:grouphug:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm bringing Elf ornaments..........really cute ones that mother in law had from the 1940's, they're so cute I don't mind sharing them! :elf:

I'm sneaking in eggnog and hot cocoa................shhhhh I didn't do it.

nvts

I'm bringing snowmen to put on the tree. And a bunch of rainbow cookies, banana bread and tons of good cheer! Vats of buttery cricket stew, and a majic wand to make all of the children behave, be "low-maintenence", and happy-go-lucky.

AND would implore that Star let Raoul come out to play, to rub all of Shari's cares away!

Beth

Wiped Out

Staff member
You are all so wonderful and I have tears in my eyes reading this. What a sweet idea and I am really touched. Sounds like a perfect party (don't you wish these virtual parties were realities:)).

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay I'm bringing American Express Ornaments - No limit :)choir:) I mean it is a virtual party right - Like Ozzy Osborne says - Go large or go home - and of course I ordered them with Christmas motif - so they should blend in nicely - and of course DONKEY ornaments. I got the most beautiful one in the mail hand-made and will treasure it forever - after the holidays it will go in my little hutch with the other donkey toy I got with it. LOVE IT!

And for treats - Forgot to mention - please bring your dogs and pets - RATS too Wynter! There will be accomodations for all critters.

I am going to try my hand at barbecue chicken, and a vegetable medley for my niece Wynter the Vegetarian - it's like a rolled BBQ sauted veggie wrap - supposed to be very good with the vegans.

I have chocolate that has no sugar and weight gain and just found out that the indoor tennis court & swimming pool is finished - plus the fire pit is blazing - and the carolers are here. They are dressed in early 1800's English outfits and hot cocoa is being served on the ice skating pond - and Raoul is the lesson giver. :flirtysmile3:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh goody! I always wanted to learn to ice skate. :flirtysmile3:

Rowdy, Molly, Betsy and Bruce are all attending in their finest xmas attire..............red and white velvet collar with sleigh bells. (seriously they're really wearing these and they love it........well ok Bruce is a bit miffed but the dogs thinks it's just grand lol )

Adding in a tray of gourmet doggie, kitty, and rat treats................. since this is virtual, I'm sure I can afford it. lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
We're serving Frozen peas for the rats - and hull-less puffed cheese corn, with blueberry yogis. The pups all get a huge rawhide, and box of biscuits to take home and a squeeky toy. Cats have special treats too - except I'll need help - I have a weird cat that likes dog food. So ------anyone with ideas - feel free to jump in on the kitten stockings.

I will try to get a picture of Pootie in her stocking cap with elf ears and post later - SHE IS NOT AMUSED......NOT!

H

HaoZi

I'll bring a box of those little catnip mice for the cats. And I'll swipe a pea for my fish. ;)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
We call 'em Chanukah bushes around here (I've never even had a Christmas tree, closest I've come is decorating office trees and the like) In honor of our differing cultural heritages; I am bringing some beaded Star of David (Mogen David) ornaments and some Dreidel (little tops used in a game played by children over the holidays) ornaments.

I'll be the one standing over the electric skillet frying up potato latkes (Little patties made of grated potatoes with a little onion mixed in) so we can all eat 'em fresh and hot from the oil. Given that these are cyber latket, they are calorie and fat free.

witzend

I'm packing up the liquor cabinet and heading out now. Hopefully they won't rattle in the trunk of the car too badly!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Thank you so much! This place is simply the best.
Someone must have called my kids, tho...Wee got husband to take him to the dollar store and they purchased a pre-lit fake tree and set it up. Wee ans cgfg decorated it this morning. Its the most beautiful thing...cause they did it all. It might be my fav tree ever.

SO....I will bring it to share with my wonderful cd family. And our neighbors made some amazing peanut butter fudge i will bring to share. Jack Attack has a new bag of tennis balls to throw in, as well. And Carrie will wear her new scotty dog dress.

Thank you. I love you guys.

Star*

call 911........call 911
POTATO LATKES? OMG I have forever wanted to know first hand about Hanukkah or Chanukkah - this is going to be SO awesome - and if someone can at least tell me the difference between the CH and the HA in that? I'd appreciate it and what is a dredel for?

Witz - DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE or should I rent you a van with my Amer. Express? I am trying to get a CDL? I could come get you in a tractor trailer.....lol. Ahem. GOOD GIRL!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Star, the holiday "Chanukkah" (the spelling is phonetic as it's taken from the Hebrew which uses a different alphabet and symbols--the "Ch" is a gutteral made with the tongue against the back of the soft palate. We joke that you have to be Jewish to make that sound properly. It's perffectly OK to substitute a "H" both in pronunciation and in spelling)

Chanukah commemorates the re-taking of a desecrated temple by Jewish soldiers. Reconsecrating the temple required the use of blessed oil for the lamps. There was only one day available, but by a miracle, that oil lasted the required eight days.

In honor of that, we eat fried foods over the Holiday period. Latkes are a tradition for Jews of Eastern European (Ashkenazi) extraction. They are made of grated potatoes (you can mix in other veggies that grate well. I like Zucchini in mine) The onions are a constant, though not required (Ashkenazi Jews love our grease and onions, LoL)

We use a special candelabrum with nine branches. The "king candle" is used to light the candles for each day and burns throughout the eight days. One candle is added for each day.

We give small gifts to children on each day of the holiday. Things like small toys or candy or similar. One bigger gift is often given on the eighth day.

Dreidls are little tops (In Yiddish and in German "Drei-in" means "to spin") They have four sides to them, each marked with a Hebrew character. Esther can probably help out with the letters and the meaning. I've forgotten them and I barely understand and cannot read Hebrew other than that mixed into the German Yiddish is mostly based on)

It's one of the few Jewish Holidays that are "just for fun".

H

HaoZi

Thanks for the info. Always wondered about that myself, and never knew that about the temple and oil and all, just that it was a lot longer than Christmas. I was raised Catholic, so we did the advent calendar thing when I was little, and I do Christmas for kiddo because it's more familiar to her than anything else (from other kids and commercials and all), but I'm more of a Yule person myself. She's asked me about Chanukkah and Kawanza and all, but I never knew enough to tell her much about them.