Short update on difficult child

Estherfromjerusalem

difficult child (22 next month) has landed a job that looks like it might be good for him. It is as a motorcycle salesman in a very reputable motorcycle showroom. He was shortlisted, underwent graphology and several interviews, and he got the job. He started today. He won't be actually selling for a few months, but learning. The first three months he gets a set salary (which is not bad) during which time he will be sent on a couple of salesman courses, and then the set salary will go down as he starts to do sales (for which he will get a commission).

He worked for four months previously in a motorcycle mechanic workshop. He loves motorbikes, and has had a couple of them. Although now he has an old car, because his girlfriend absolutely refused to ride on his motorbike!

So now he has to start getting used to going to bed at a normal time, so that he can get up in time in the morning. And as a true difficult child, his biological clock is not happy about this. He is used to being out until 3 or so in the morning, and then coming home and being on the computer for another hour or two, and only then going to sleep, and sleeping until about 3 in the afternoon.

Well, tough! Welcome to the real world, pal!

Sorry -- I said this would be short, and it is already too long.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this time maybe it will work and he will hold down the job. He really needs the money.

Love, Esther

everywoman

Here's hoping that this will be a good fit. Mine has been working since late June, hasn't missed a day, and still seems to like it. It's been nice not having to make an adult go to work!!!LOL. Glad to see a positive post.

by the way---my husband is a motorcycle fanatic. Right now he has an older Harley---but he constantly dreams of a new, fancier one......

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Esther

Sounds like this just might be the perfect job for him. I'll keep my fingers crossed that by this time next year he is their top salesman. :D

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
Esther,

I am glad he has a great new job. It sounds like an amazing opportunity. I think the job will motivate him to make the transition from the Vampire schedule to the grown-up working schedule. I hope he doesn't stress you out during this transition.

I hope you are doing well and feeling good. I keep you in my prayers.

Hugs,

Susie

ps. Jessie and I still have the bookmarks you gave me. We keep them in our bibles.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
A job they have an interest in can make a big difference. Here's hoping the motorcycles can be the "carrot" to make him change the nightstalker schedule.....thanks for the update.....it is nice to hear about small victories!

Estherfromjerusalem

Thank you all so much for your caring.

I will let you know how it goes. He has just gone to bed, at 11 in the evening -- I just don't believe it! I am trying so hard NOT to be optimistic, because every time he gets a chance and I get my hopes up, then something goes wrong or he just goofs it yet again.

But I am hoping truly that this time it will be the making of him.

Where would we be if we weren't optimistic sometimes?!

Love, Esther

Fran

Former desparate mom
Fingers crossed and good wishes that difficult child makes this work for him. I know that feeling of guarded optimism.