Sleeping pills

Tymica

Rehab called today about difficult children physical and medical evaluation. They said he was complaining about not being able to fall asleep at night. Believe me, it was all I could do not to say "Well if I had his moral compass I would have a hard time sleeping at night too". But I didnt say that. And they asked about putting him on Trazadone(sp?) I gave permission but now I'm second guessing myself. Im just not sure that sending him to rehab for popping prescription pills only to have more pills prescribed to him is a good idea. Thoughts?

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

Nancy

When my difficult child was in rehab she was prescibed seroquel and a sleeping aid but I can't remember which one and it could very well have been trazodone. I felt at the time it was strange too but came to find out many of the patients there were prescribed medications to help with depression and sleeping problems.

There is controversy regarding the use of trazodone in recovering addicts. You can do a google search and read some articles. It has been used a lot in the recovery period but there are also cocerns about it. The problem is they do need some medications to help them especially in the early stages of their recovery. To find the one that will not cause them problems is tricky. Fortunatley my difficult child never became dependant or wanted to take any of those medications after her release.