Smart cat

F

flutterbee

Hydro, our newest kittie is such a sweet boy. Apparently, pretty smart, too.

I opened up the drawer tonight to get the dog treats out and when I opened the drawer I found Hydro. Covered in catnip. And the bag of catnip with a nice, big hole in it.

He's not a small cat. He's got these big ole feet. He was 9 pounds when we took him in and he's been eating well.

He figured out how to open the cupboard behind this drawer and get into the drawer. I wondered what his fascination with that cupboard was. Now I now.

That's a sight I wasn't expecting.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think Hydro could be renamed - Stash -

No wonder he was still in the drawer when you opened it - he was too nipped to crawl back out!

Abbey

Spork Queen
We always called that 'kitty weed.' We'd put just a bit in a paper bag and our cat would go nuts...then crawl in a corner and go to sleep. Smart cat for finding it!! Now, maybe we can get him on the hunt for our difficult child's.

Abbey

F

flutterbee

I didn't think I was leaving them out in his reach. :rofl:

I've had cats all my life and the catnip has always been safe in the drawer. I've never had a cat do that before.

As I opened the drawer, he was trying to back up (it's a large drawer - in width, though, not depth). I had to remove the small trays that hold the pens and batteries and other misc stuff and pull him out. He was covered in catnip.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I think catnip should be a prescription.

You can imagine the scenario.

Vet: So, your cat has been depressed?

Owner: Yeah...just kind of hangs around, doesn't do much. Meows all the time.

Vet: Here. Let me write you a prescription for this new medicine called Catnip. This will wake her up. Just put one tablespoon in a paper bag and she'll be fine. But REMEMBER...lock it up safely. Don't put it in a kitchen drawer. They are crafty in finding their medications.

Abbey

F

flutterbee

Guess where he was again last night. I guess I didn't get every last particle of catnip out of the drawer. And he's working on getting back in there now.

He's so funny.

I think I'm going to have to call the vet about kitty rehab. :laugh:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Kitty rehab...:bigsmile:They'd be so frustrated.

Dang it all...they moved it from the kitchen and now I have to go to kitty rehab. Life stinks sometimes being a cat. Can't cr@p where I want (and make me cover it up in the darn litter box) , have to put up with dogs and people who hide my Catnip. I should reinvent myself. Where is that dog sniffing thing that finds your cat liter? Maybe he can find catnip.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
The ifrst cat i had used to get the DOG to open the drawer that had the catnip in it. Was a riot to watch!!

I love cats. Captain Morgan has been walking sideways again tonight. He is once again stoned on catnip. Maybe our kitties can do rehab together? I wonder what a rehab would say if you called asking for help for your furbaby?

Abbey

Spork Queen
After all, I think I want to be a cat. They only give affection when they want...they're smug. They get groomed, cuddled (on their terms).

You get your fancy food, wet or dry. You get state of the art electric litter bins, fancy toys, etc. I'll poo where I want to, and you get to clean it up.

If I want to snuggle, I will. Otherwise, you're left out of the loop. Find another day.

If I happen to hack up a occasionl hair ball, my owner cleans it up and maybe takes me in for a shave. I don't worry about it....just do it. I just log it off as what humans think they need to do for us. Honestly, I don't mind an occasional hair ball. Just cough it up and go on with life.

I sleep where I want to, maybe in a cupboard, maybe under your neck on a good day. You don't have a choice, I just do it. Cats are difficult child's by genetics.

Life would be good as a cat.

Abbey

meowbunny

Yup, cats are definitely aspies!!!! I have to store my catnip in a Tupperware container. Only way one of the brats won't find it.

I love the image of having the dog find it for the cat. That really does sound like something that could happen here.

F

flutterbee

well, I think we're going to have some group therapy for the cats.

For the past few days, Abbey (the kitty ;) ) has really been wanting in difficult child's room. That's not usual for her....usually I'm the only one not allowed to have a closed door unless she's in the room with me, but I figured she was in a phase. difficult child always keeps her door closed.

After dinner tonight, difficult child called me into her room. The tone she used even had the dog running looking for her. Now I know why Abbey wanted in there so badly.

I had forgotten that I had given difficult child the catnip to hide in her room. She had left her door cracked tonight.

Hydro was stoned and sleeping it off in difficult child's hamper. Abbey was throwing the baggie full of catnip around between her feet. Catnip all over the floor and she was covered from head to tail with it. She's now sleeping it off, too.

You're right Abbey (the person ;) ). Life as a cat would be good.

Cat rehab, week 2.

My turn to clean litter boxes this week. This place stinks! The girls litter boxes are all nice and pink and flowery, but the guys!! You think they could aim a little better!

There's this Persian in my group. What a geek. He thinks he's SO cool because he has papers or something. Something about being a purebred. He pisses and moans about the food every day. Oh, Meow Mix isn't good enough for him, he whines because he can't have Fancy Feast.

The group leader is this old Siamese crabby broad, I bet she's 100. I can't stand her. That's OK though, a new Calico just came in yesterday, and he is HOT. I get to sit across from him, and he was definitely checking me out while he cleaned his hairballs.

F

flutterbee

:rofl:

BBK - Male calico's are very rare so he'd be in demand with the ladies. Fortunately, they're also sterile. :sheepish: But, then that's probably why he ended up in rehab in the first place.

:rofl: