So Many Things Wrong

susiestar

Roll With It
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/26/members-of-aleitheia-bible-church-in-wisconsin-charged-with-abus/

There are so many things wrong with this entire situation, in my opinion. First is that it took some time for parents to complain about the beating of their children - esp those as young as two months old.

Second is the way the males in charge seem proud of beating children and find no problem with it.

Third is that they believe that spanking a child with a dowel is an appropriate response to crying or being "emotional" even in a child who has NO other way to communicate! HOW do they expect to figure out if the child has some type of illness? Or any toher problem?

Then there is the part of the article where the pastor detained his wife and son in their rooms because they SPOKE to someone not in their religion!!! I thought we had freedom of speech in this country, but I guess the constitution is void in their church.

Lastly, and in my opinion incredibly upsetting, is that NO ONE removed even the youngest children from the custody of their parents. Of course this IS a church of white people, so I guess they get different treatment, being white and all part of a church.

If these were people who were NOT white they would have lost custody at least temporarily. The parents of the infants esp would have a tough time getting them back. If they were not a church they would have a tougher time.

I guess being white members of some strange church makes it different when parents and the preacher beat children for crying when they are too young to even crawl or sit up.

Not sure why this has me SO MAD, but it does. While I have not read novels by the woman who donated money to start the church, I sure as sugar won't start reading them now. There is no way that every adult in the church didn't know that the kids were being beaten.

shellyd67

WTH ! Infants as young as 6 weeks old should remain quiet in church ? ALL these children should be removed immediately ! They have Social Workers working with the family's ?? Are they nuts ! They are not going to stop this abusive behavior. I have to make sure I keep abreast of this situation because it is troubling me deeply.

P

PatriotsGirl

And that story reaffirms why, even though I do believe in God, I will never attend a church. Oh, I know, not all churches are bad. Maybe not. But I have heard enough horror stories to keep me and my children away....going to church isn't the only way to worship God.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OK I just found it on Google News.

There is a HUGE difference between "redness" and "bruising"; "spanking" and "beating"; and 6 weeks old and 3 years!!!!!!!!!!

Pay the parents back with their own medicine.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
From what I understand...

This is similar to what is practiced in the closed-gate religious "cults" where the men marry multiple wives (some as young as twelve!)...I'm sorry I can't think of the name of some of these groups right now...but I think you all know who I mean.

Is that the affiliation of this church's founders?

susiestar

Roll With It
This church doesn't seem to be affiliated with any larger organization of churches, like the protestant, methodist, UCC, Catholic, etc... They are their own version. The church was started with an endowment from a woman who writes what I think are Christian based romance novels. I am SURE that she knows well and good that they are beating infants and young children and she STILL supports them.

I don't think they are polygamous, but they sure are a patriarchal section of society where I am sure many of the kids will "opt out" and we will learn even more ugly things.

Part of me wonders what this church leader and his henchman-brother would do if they had to get a handful of our teen and/or preteen difficult children to do what they were told. Can you IMAGINE the reaction of Cory, Dude, Onyxx, or even Wiz if some guy who invented his own brand of religion tried to make them submit to ANYTHING? It sure makes me laugh to think about it. I know that if the difficult children didn't just beat them down on the spot then they would plot some interesting things, Know what I mean??

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OH WOW, what a mental image!!!

Let's send 'em all up there to infiltrate... And then pretend we know nothing...

H

HaoZi

"If you spank early and it is done right, then kids will be happy and obedient,"

In what alternate universe? And I the only one with the urge to get a baseball bat and show them how it feels?

Steely

This makes me want to vomit.

Daisy I believe you are thinking about the polygamist Mormon cults. I live very close to Colorado City where Warren Jeffs, the leader of the cult, made all of his madness. I have to drive through there frequently and I want to run from door to door saving the kids.

Patriot that is why I do not want to ever go back to a church either. It is just too hard to trust any one person in this day and age.