something good?

Dixies_fire

I am having a rough time still and wanting to name some positive things that are going on in my life because there are a few.

Please add your own unexpected or purely positive thing that is going on in yours.

Well mr Lewis has grown out of most of his 6m clothes. I found a lady on the ft Carson free cycle Facebook page who gave me a bag of clothes that are free that fit now and will give him a few months of having his butt covered.

My husband who has been very lethargic and resistant to getting things done that we need to do, we'll anyway he called child support office in Ohio after receiving a letter stating he owed back child support. His child support comes out of his check and we never see it, we purposely set it up this way on top of the fact that my step children were removed from their mothers care in December and she is no longer receiving or entitled to child support and they have received about 3 grand in child support that has not been given to my in laws who have the twins with them, that they are holding.
The lady said not only did he not owe child support they were going to hold his child support until ex wife got custody of The children back or they would refund it if she goes to jail like she should. So possibly they will stop taking child support or they mail us back what they have received. This is good news.

I don't know why they won't give the child support to my in laws who are foster parents to my step children. But they won't. I've spent time beating myself up over his twins not being able to come to us because of the mental break down right after our first custody court date which put us in significant debt to begin with, but I am taking it as a gift from deity if we can take that money and help our moving situation.

I also found the letter from the state of Ohio that gives veterans a 1500 bonus from that state. They sent it to us months ago an hubs said he "lost" it. I found it and now just need to put in an envelope and hope its not too late.

Have anything good to share?

PatriotsGirl

Yes! :)

My daughter has 45 days clean today and is entering a wonderful program that will allow her to have her son with her while greeting the help she needs. <3

husband, easy child, his best friend and I are leaving tomorrow morning for vacation!! We are headed to Hilton Head for a week and with the great news received from my daughter beforehand, I will have an excellent time!!!

scent of cedar

I am reading Joel Osteen. "Become a Better You." Am feeling stronger, and letting go of some of those dark feelings surrounding difficult child and how this all happened and what's going to happen next and what it all means.

This is a really good thing.

:O)

Barbara

Californiablonde

My son will be coming to see me for two weeks on the 27th. I will officially be on my summer vacation July 1st. I get to avoid seeing my supervisor for two whole months. That puts a smile on my face!

BusynMember

Lost 12 lbs. in WeightWatchers, stood up to 35 and nasty sister, all in all things are peaceful in calm in our house which I think is good. Jumper will be 17 tomorrow. Wow.

Love this post. Keep the good things coming.

Dixies_fire

PG that is so awesome I hope your vacation is magical!
Scent if cedar- I'm glad you are feeling empowered!
Insane cde- confirmation that you are moving in the right direction is a fabulous thing to have! Congrats.
CB- I hope you have a blast this summer with your son and thank god for no supervisor!
MWM- amazing! On the weight loss and the standing up for yourself and happy birthday to jumper.

I had three good things happen a few minutes ago, and all I had to do was check the mail. I got a powering post card from my best friend, received a belated birthday gift and I got the referral for to to proceed with testing,
Made me feel good.

Mattsmom277

Needed to see a cheer thread. Feeling stressed.

Good things here: over a week without bears in my front and back yard and driveway. Grateful! The youngest cub is cute. The middle one at a couple/ few hundred pounds and the mama about four or five hundred, well not so cute in my yard. Or climbing our electric pole.

My Matt moved back to our province under two weeks ago. An hour and a half away. He asked the other day if he could come stay here at the end of month when his rent runs out and stay a few months. He's regretting returning and leaving his new life cross country so decided to come stay and cure his home sickness for a while before heading west. I can't wait to have the summer with him home.

easy child graduates eighth grade on the 20th. She's super excited. Ive had hints from school that she is getting awards.

JKF

Yay! Love this thread!!!

Soooo let's see - good things : easy child will be done with school for the year on the 18th and we leave for a 10 day vacation on the 21st. My vegetable garden is thriving and tomorrow it's supposed to finally stop raining!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This is a feel good thread. :)

Dixie, Ohio is not too bad about child support........at least compared to many states. Mo was totally scr*wing husband over for years........and Ohio went to battle for us, got our money refunded to us, no cost to us.........heck we didn't even know they were doing it! (not that I am complaining) They likely won't take support for the kids right now because although they are with the grandparents, the grandparents are considered foster parents so they are being funded by the state. That is my guess anyway.

Regardless, it is a gift and will help to relieve some of your stress. As were the clothes. And finding that letter from ohio about the veterans.

During tough times it is important to focus on whatever positives we can find, regardless of how small or simple, to help get us through it........help make it seem less overwhelming.

I can't think of any "good" thing to add to this thread as far as I'm concerned right now..........except that I'm not homeless, not hungry, not in the hospital, and I have a half tank of gas in the car.........oh, and I get to see Aubrey and Oliver and hopefully the rest of the grandchildren tomorrow for a Nana house playdate/cook out. lol

L

Liahona

My Grandpa got married and gave us a bunch of the beds from his house. No one in my family is sleeping on the floor now! The kids are so excited. husband's school is done in Oct. 5 more months! difficult child 1 did a great job working today. I got to exercise this morning. The pancakes I made tasted good with pearl barley flour mixed in with white flour.

Cherub has hiccups behind me in her bed. She is playing with her toes and smiling at me.

We got peas from our garden this morning and lots of plants are coming up.