Something is wrong

DammitJanet

Someone made the comment that they dont think these kids understand what they put us through because they cant see it from a parents point of view. There were never truer words spoken.

Cory started his change in life when he became a father. When he suddenly realized that another human being was dependent on him he started to change. Now that change wasnt immediate and he certainly backslid especially with the first one because there were so many people around to help him take care of her but with this second one, well she fell squarely on his shoulders. Also over the years since he moved out of our house, many of the things he had done to us have happened to him by people he thought he trusted. So called friends stole from him many times and it hurt him deeply. I will never forget the time he came to me to tell me someone broke into his house and stole some of his things and a bunch of money and he knew who it was. A friend he thought would never do that to him. He was just beside himself. He actually looked into my eyes and told me that as bad as it was to have such a close friend do that to him it must have been ten times worse to have your own child do it to you. I knew then he got it.

Sometimes they simply have to learn by walking through the fire. Just telling them the stove is hot doesnt work. Now he worries about his kids with everything in him and prays that they dont go through what he did. I hope for his sake they dont either.