Son back from Residential Treatment Center (RTC) - making scary choices

A dad

I actually had to read about Alexithymia to see what its about and its tough to have it to put it lightly it seems they need people that understand the disorder and are willing to put way more in the relationship be it of any kinds but close then they will receive.
Does it look like this as of right now? If it is are you willing to do that?

PiscesMom

I actually had to read about Alexithymia to see what its about and its tough to have it to put it lightly it seems they need people that understand the disorder and are willing to put way more in the relationship be it of any kinds but close then they will receive.
Does it look like this as of right now? If it is are you willing to do that?
Thank you for reading up on it! What do you mean, willing to do? - put way more into the relationship? I think I do...except when I drove him to his dad's... Then I got the worst virus ever, lungs filled w gunk, and that lasted two weeks. I am going to have him for an overnight. I don't know what to do, but now that I am better I will go to NAMI meetings, and I am going to take a class.
Its horrible, all of it - alexithymia, w some mild anti-socialness, plus the autism traits (stubbornness). And depression, of course, but thats not dangerous. Its like a recipe for disaster.
I feel terrible knowing my child will likely end up in jail or prison. I hope I am wrong.

PiscesMom

You might might want to find out more about the terms of mandated reporting. Where I am drug dealing wouldn't be a mandated reporting thing- just abuse is.

But if he's about to turn 18, it's the last moment when you can call on law enforcement and not have it go on his permanent record.... just a thought.
That is a relief, I run pretty anxious and worry about anything and everything. I hate feeling like I can't talk to professionals sometimes because of that.
When he was 13, he agreed to go to a psychologist because the night before the police were over. Maybe lighting fires, maybe property destruction? I can't remember. I mentioned his marijuana use to them, and to retaliate he lied and said I hit him. Somehow "because i asked for help" CPS came to my house to interview me. To get me help for my...anger??? My son complained I made spaghetti too often for dinner. The poor dear. I was very scared because I worked at a school. They concluded there was no abuse.

At 14, I had to call the police myself on him, and after a week or two of him in JDC, he went to live w his dad. A bad idea, but gave me and the girls a break.

And as for calling the police - I have heard the sirens too many times. It took me years to stop panicking every time I heard a firetruck, an ambulance, a police car...