Spring break is next week, I screwed up at work, and I'm trying not to be anxious about it

Californiablonde

I screwed up big time at work and nobody is going to find out about it till a week from Monday. We are on spring break next week. I am going to try and relax and keep my mind off things, but knowing me, that won't be easy. I just hope it's not as bad as I think it will be. easy child is also sick and I'm worried about him. His surgery is almost three weeks behind us, but still every sniffle and sore throat is making me anxious. He stayed home from school today due to a runny nose and sore throat. I'm worried his immune system is still down from the surgery. The kids go to their dad's for the weekend and I'm gonna be worried sick the whole time he is there. His dad is perfectly capable of taking care of him, but since I can't watch him every single second I'm gonna panic. I am going to try my hardest to relax and keep my mind off of the worst case scenarios, but it won't be easy given my high anxiety level lately. Wish me luck!

Kathy813

Staff member
CB, won't there still be administrators there? If so, I would go in on Monday and tell them what happened and see if it can be fixed. That way, you won't have this hanging over you all week.

~Kathy

Californiablonde

I'm not even sure if I am going to be found out or not. It may just blow over with nothing happening to me. It's complicated and hard to explain of you don't know my job.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

dstc_99

I have one rule of thumb in life. That is to admit it when you make a mistake and then get taught how to fix it. Owning up to it and bringing it to the bosses attention are two things that I look for in an employee. I do not like finding out about things later and having to fix them.

Unless you are on some sort of probation I would contact them ASAP and let them know that you want to fix this. If you are on probation I would think long and hard about it. But most employers value honesty.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

SuZir

There is a reason some mistakes are called human errors. Human beings are prone to those. However, not owning them up or trying to hide them changes the ballgame. That is negligence. And hinders damage control.

Go to administration and tell about it. You will feel better too.