Spring is here!

witzend

Finally, we have gotten a string of sunny days. I think Steely brought them up here with her! ;) We did have a string of 3 days in the 90's a few weeks ago, but that was miserable. We hadn't been above 55 yet, and then went straight back to rain.

So, the grass is growing like crazy, and and the flowers are beautiful. I had been a bit worried that it would go as soon as it came, but so far so good. husband and I have been sicker than dogs with some sort of brutal sore throat coughing thing. I've had laryngitis for a week, but I'm finally feeling not half dead, so I spent time out in the yard watering and pulling some weeds. Right now I am watching (and listening to) a sparrow on a reed calling for friend. It's really nice for a change!

Steely

Yep............I care flighted those sunny days into the NW especially from Dallas. :tongue:

The day I arrived in Seattle they broke their 99th whatever string of rainy days. I was like, whatever, I see the sun every minute of every day.........but you northwesterners were out there soaking up every ray. I came back to Dallas last night to torrential downpours, and it has not stopped raining since. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! The power I seem to have.

Glad you are finally getting warmth.
Steely.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Glad to hear you are feeling better and that the weather is finally making a turn for the better!

AOG-I want fresh strawberries!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Aw, Witz...you've got to love those days.

It's only 107 here today.:nonono:

Actually, I've never lived in a place when you can go outside at 2am and hear birds singing. They don't realize THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE SLEEPING.

Enjoy the beautiful day.

Abbey

I'm glad you're feeling better and the weather is so nice!!! It is beautiful here too. Yesterday, I went to a local farm stand and bought strawberries. I just love fresh strawberries!!! However, I don't think I'll be visiting too many farm stands this year as they were up to $5.00.:(

Anyway, I bought an angel food cake and vanilla ice cream to serve with them. Dessert last night was delicious!!! I served the cake and ice cream with less strawberries than usual so everyone can have some more this evening.

Enjoy the beautiful weather...:flower::beach_ball::bbq::beach::swimming:... WFEN

Star*

call 911........call 911
Our birds sing ALL (#*$_@!()!+_ night long. I thought we just had dumb birds. -Really.

Witz, glad you are finally getting a bit of spring on the first day of Summer -

Remember ladies - Summer Solstice is today - one of the 2 longest days of the year - so pack in some good for you activities.

(The other longest day? Winter Solstice, of course)