Stress Test?

4sumrzn

I guess that's what it is!? After 2 MRI's & everything coming back OK, they scheduled a test for Thursday. A 3 &1/2 hour treadmill, dye shoot & xrays....does that sound right? How about I ask........anyone ever done this, how was it & what did you find out????? Suppose I'm a bit nervous about it.

Thanks!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
funny (not ha, ha but ironic). When easy child went in for her stress test she told me that she was doing the work and I would be doing the stressing so she wasn't sure which one of us was taking the test.

So I didn't take it but it didnt' seem to disturbing to easy child.

Many good thoughts and hugs.

Beth

F

flutterbee

3 1/2 hours! :holymoly:

When I had mine, I was inpatient and wasn't stable so they used a drug to get my heart to do what it would do had I been able to do a regular stress test (I think it was called andosine or something like that). First, they took images of my heart. Then I did get on the treadmill for a couple of minutes while they injected the drug (not fun) and then they took more images of my heart.

One thing to keep in mind: Stress tests are accurate in women only 80% of the time. They have just recently come to the realization that heart disease presents differently in men then it does in women. Even though heart disease is just as prevalent in women as it is in men, women only make up 25% of study participants. They've always just assumed that the tests used on men will work on women the same. They're realizing now that they were wrong.

In my case, I had a false positive. After the stress test they did a heart cath (my third) and found everything to be ok.

Good luck to you!

LittleDudesMom

My mom has had both. The medicine stress and the treadmill stress (a few times). She did not like the medicine stress test at all. She said it made her feel helpless and out of control. She would rather get her own heart rate up.

Good luck to you. Let us know how it comes out.

Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well..........I don't know about YOU ladies, but if someone put me on a tread mill for 3 1/2 hours? My heart would blow up! It wouldn't matter thought because my head would have already exploded. The dies make me have an allergic reaction so I am no help.

Even when I was fit and bodybuilding I couldn't do a tread mill for 3 1/2 hours - that is ridiculous. Who wants a butt you can bounce a quarter off of anyway? I like my butt - you throw a quarter at it now? It sticks - I'm 25 cents richer.

Hugs to you for what you are going through.

Star:D

4sumrzn

OMG Star....it better NOT be 3 & 1/2 hours of treadmill only! I was thinking maybe it would be other "stuff" too!? They better not be expecting me to give it my all for 3 & 1/2 hours straight:mad:. I can run 5 miles in turtle-speed....no way I can run 3 & 1/2 hours though. Oh my, maybe I should call & find out exactly what's gonna happen.

Even when I was fit and bodybuilding I couldn't do a tread mill for 3 1/2 hours - that is ridiculous. Who wants a butt you can bounce a quarter off of anyway? I like my butt - you throw a quarter at it now? It sticks - I'm 25 cents richer.

Hugs to you for what you are going through.

Star:D

LMAO.....I suppose I wouldn't mind a butt that you can bounce a quarter off of if it came naturally! It would stick to my butt too :meh:.

Nancy

The actual treadmill part is only about 10-15 minutes. They do a scan first and then you fast walk on the treadmill and then they inject dye and take more pictures. I could have gone longer on the treadmill but they said it was over. It wasn't a bad test, just time consuming because you have to wait for the dye to go through. And the scans take longer than the treadmill.

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nancy,

THANK YOU so much for your insight and clarity in that matter. I started to call DF's sister and ask her if that was NORMAL.....then realized who it was for (one of us under UNDUE amounts of stress daily) and then thought -

Hey, maybe it would be the equivalent of 3.5 hours on a tread mill to show any stress to one of us WARRIOR (dat dah da dhaaaaaa) moms. I dunno what do you think would equal the stress of a difficult child in full blown, all week, attitude with language and other miscellaneous deeds thrown in for good measure. At this point I believe all they would have to do is show me a movie about a kitten in a sunny field with daffodills and my body would combust from a dose of "IT IS TOO NICE I NEED SOMETHING STRESSY" :tongue:

Hugs -

4sumrzn

Thanks everyone!!!

Star~I have no idea what would equal the stress....suppose I would be safe to guess one would have to run a marathon on the treadmill to even come close! LOL! HA, the kitten in a sunny field....thanks for the giggle this morning!