Stressful and Sad Day - August 8th

ME & THE BOYS

Hello everyone,

I hope you are enjoying a wonderful day from wherever your quarters around the world.

Thank you for assuring me I was still welcome here. I appreciate that AND ALL THE "YOU'S" out there who offer an ear,,,.

BIG BAD KITTY
- I just want you to know that I don't live in a castle. On the other hand, I would not want to live in a shoe box with my two boys. I can't imagine that. That would send me from the sad house, to the nut house. Again, you can't imagine the stress of two boys always at it and placing them in smaller quarters would only mean more "undesired action". The smaller the confined area, the more restless my ADHD/ODD son seems to get, which in turn means more trouble! I think Lothlorien would get this.

WEEPING WILLOW - Thank you for your response, but I think each case is literally as case by case situation. No, my husband does not hug or kiss me, but neither did my parents. I have a friend, who did not know growing up that her parents were just together until the kids got into college. At first they were angry at their Mom for not leavign their Dad and finding love/happiness, but when she explained her reasoning "to provide and give them everything she could", they got it. They got it even more after they have since had their own kids. They actually, in the end, felt sad for their mom, but held her in the highest regard for they realized she had put them above her own needs. They knew their value (am I using the right words??) ahead of her own.

I don't think my boys get it now, as we do stuff together with Daddy, but sometime they will. I do tell them, even though they may not understand, that it is very important than when you get married, that you help your wives and be involved with them. That you make time for your wives and children. That you play alot with your kids.

Again, I don't need the added stress right now worrying about my boys fighting, having less help from their Dad (when I want to go out), because he would not be here if he lived elsewhere. At current I just can't imagine coping with this too. The money worries, having to return to work right now, would only bring huge added stress to everyone (my boys/I).

I have taken my first steps with medications and can proudly announce that I think they have begun to work. YIPPYYYYY! Only one cry day in 12 days. This is record. I have not worried in a week now.

BUSYWEND
- May I ask how long you have been a single parent?
I don't think I will find happiness from living apart from my husband. Half of my unhappiness is due to <span style="color: #FF0000">stress</span> from my kids. Having them more often if he left, would likely only add to my misery.

LOTHLORIEN - I am terribly sorry to hear about the stress of your kids. I know this feeling, this life too well (kids fighting with eachother). It is not something I would wish upon ANYONE!!!!!

You said you began medications in part from your difficult child? Does it help with the stress? With managing it? I wasn't certain, but thought you may not have a spouse? Help with kids? Can you confirm?

NVTS - Thank you so very much for pointing out my progress. I needed that.....someone to pat me on the back. THANK YOU. It gave me some hope, so esteem. I truly appreciated that!

I must run. Huge rush. Write as you can.

God bless us and our children!

ME AND THE BOYS

busywend

I was never married, so for 16 years now - single mom.

Hard - you betcha! Some benefits though, too.

I am very happy your medications are helping!!! Wahoo!!!

:dance:

Some moms, once split, find that their now ex husbands spend more time with the kids than ever. Not sure your husband would given he does not think parenting is 'for him'. 16 years being just the 2 of you is a long time. I bet having kids was a big change for you both.

nvts

So glad I could help! If this adds a little help: my two boys share a room (aka "pigsty") and are 16 mos. apart. They used to fight <u>constantly</u>, now they only fight most of the time. They are like night and day, they have grown to love one another and will support each other if the wind is blowing juuuuusssttt right
:smile:

and if the planets are aligned "just so" they might even share, but it does get a little better.

You just keep being proud of yourself (I'm soooo psyched that the medications are working!!!) because we are proud of you!

Keep bouncing!

Beth