Summer

Jabberwockey

Unfortunately, ours started out DIY, went to contractor for drywall, and now we need to get three water leaks repaired. Granted, two are fairly minor but still, they are there.

InsaneCdn

went to contractor for drywall, and now we need to get three water leaks repaired
That doesn't quite add up, Jabber... Does this mean that the drywaller made contact with the water pipes and now they leak? or?? Putting drywall up doesn't make pipes leak, usually.

Or... just coincidence?

pasajes4

It does have a way of snowballing. I would prefer to just move, but that can't happen until I sell and to do that the work has to be done.

Jabberwockey

Its not about pipes. With all the rain we've been having, water is coming in between the brick and the foundation. The drywall was replacing a section of the wall that had been previously damaged before we moved in.

Californiablonde

Apple, we have decided to keep difficult child in a school setting for now and not transfer her to independent study. At our IEP last month her main teacher said that at school it takes difficult child many prompts to even get work started, much less finishing anything. He seriously doubts difficult child will be a motivated self starter if left up to her own devices at home. I would have to say I agree with him. I love my daughter very much, but she is truly the laziest person I know. So for now next year she will be expected to be at school every day. I don't want to even think about that right now. I just want to forget all about next year and focus on having a nice, relaxing summer!

Confused

Californiablonde, I do you hope you and everyone else has a great summer! Ill be praying for some type of relaxation for all of us! :beach:

AppleCori

CB--

Glad you have your daughter's schooling figured out! Sounds like it will be her last year of high school. What a relief!

On the house repairs front--

We put new siding, windows, and gutters in last fall--and just TODAY got a notice that we have to pay for fixing the sidewalk in front of the house!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I am spending the summer moving. First fixing up my old trailer while dealing with a broken faucet that flooded the back half of the place and the mitigation and repairs and the massive insurance headaches that entailed. Got the dump sold.

Found an apartment. Currently rooming with BFFs in Milwaukee waiting for my apartment to be ready July 15th.
Waiting for furniture to be delivered shortly after that. Hassling with moving company to get my household goods delivered as they think my load is too small and insist on waiting until they have a larger load going in the same direction before shipping my stuff.

Dealing with living in one small room with 2 cats who are joining me in slowly going insane. Love my BFFs dearly, but can't wait to get back into my own place.

Enjoying visiting my mother once week, though getting a proper shower is an ulterior motive as I cannot get in and out of a bathtub to bathe due to a shot knee and am otherwise taking sponge baths. Once I have keys to the apartment, will be showering out there. (more frequently)

Lots and lots of shopping and spending money like an unmedicated BP1 except its all planned and accounted for (and I HATE shopping) Suffocating on summer heat and air pollution and discovering that my Chicago driving skills are coming back, much to the chagrin of the Milwaukee drivers I am dealing with.

Haven't seen my kid sister or heard from her since she dropped an emotional family skeletal bombshell on me a month ago that is too sensitive to discuss here and that I have "stuffed" until I have enough physical energy to feed the psychic energy needed to deal with it.

She's getting married on the 30th of AUgust and I am NOT looking forward to the wedding.

It promises to be a very busy, very stressful summer, but at least some of it is good stress.

I'm a bit hurt that while mum was invited out to sister's b-day dinner on the 2nd, I wasn't, but relieved as well as the movers have my good clothes, such as they are.