Surgery tomorrow

KTMom91

After eight years, I'm finally having surgery for carpal tunnel. It's gotten way past the "managing" point; I have pain and numbness from about mid-forearm all throughout my hand. The surgical nurse that called today said something about "surgery for carpal tunnel release," which I knew, but then she said something else about ulnar nerve, so I guess that's on the list as well. I go in at 7 am.

Miss KT will be taking me to and from surgery, and will also be my primary caretaker. I'm hoping she magically learns how to cook before tomorrow, or I will be eating Top Ramen, macaroni and cheese soup, and toast three meals a day.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hope all goes well tomorrow -- no suprises, no kinks -- just a smooth and easy fix for the issues you've been having. And I'll pray for Miss KT's miraculous acquisition of culinary skills, too. :winks: Make sure she posts something on FB when you get home so we know you're o.k.!

DammitJanet

good luck with the surgery. I hope it has gotten better than it was a few years back. I have problems with my ulnar nerve too but not bad enough for surgery. Hope you have an easy recovery and have take out on speed dial!

KT Mom,

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I think you will be very pleased with your results.

This is a good opportunity for Miss KT to fill an adult role by caring for her Mom. Who knows , maybe she will fall in love with cooking!

Hang in there...

Valerie

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope all has gone well. Skip the cookbook and send her out for frozen meals. Better than trial and error and mac and cheese soup! IF possible have her give us an update, please. I hope the surgery will relieve your pain and let you live a life of doing what you want with-o all the pain. I hope they are not fusing your wrists. My mother has both of hers fused and has learned to cope and do all she wants, but it was quite a challenge.

(((((hugs)))))