Synopis of last 3 posts + 1 more

Steely

So.......... Western Union still cannot "locate" my money. They told me today that a "business decision had been made that caused them to refund me my money." OK REALLY??? AND. They refunded it to a bank account that I had already closed. :furious:
No one can "see" my money in this hell we call cyber space. All 900.00 of it is just floating - destination TBD.

My house water has turned back to it's mild yellow form...so the rust and mud build up is obviously intermittent and must have to do with water stagnating in the pipes. Regardless, all the water is still a faint yellow, meaning too much iron, rust, whatever. I will make the landlord pay for the filter. My rash continues to get worse, so god knows what it is from. At this exact moment, I am pretty sure I don't care. I just have a huge blotchy face that itches. I have now changed all cleansing substances in my house to see if that is the problem.:headache:

M. may or may not be coming for Cmas...as the saga continues. His Dad called me last night to "talk" for an hour about his safety at my house even though the dad is leaving for FL and did not invite M. (So now I am in charge of his 21 year old???) His Dad said he needed the Dr to give the last OK for the trip, which is all knew news to me...and Matt. This is the same Dr that kicked Matt literally to the curb and called me to tell me that Matt was at a hotel because he was kicked out of the program - and good luck to me. No prior warning, nothing. Matt has been counting on this visit like crazy - I cannot imagine what a holiday we will have if this all falls through. Please pray it doesn't.

AND.....I just opened my mail, and received a notice from Dallas that I have 2 warrants out for my arrest for 2 unpaid traffic tickets from 3 years ago. It seems I got the tickets a month before I moved, and they totally escaped my radar since I was so stressed from moving and just placing matt in the Residential Treatment Center (RTC). It looks like Dallas didn't find me in AZ, but found me here. I AM MORTIFIED. I have never, ever had anything outstanding with the law -- I already had an X that did that enough for the both of us -- I never wanted to ever be "that" person. The accumulated late fees and charges equal 1200.00 - all for not having my insurance card in the car and my car not being current on its registration. :angry-very:

I seriously could use some positive energy here. I don't know what I have done wrong to the universe, but it hates me right now.

buddy

OH crype... what can they do with you in a different state? will it show up? I remember getting notice of a warrant from madison Wisc for unpaid parking tickets, only thing was, I had only been to Madison one time in my sr. yr of highschool looking at schools. I had sold a car to a large car company and they apparently did not use it for scrap metal as they pretended it was worth nothing...they obviously sold it and never changed the registration to them then to the new guy. I called and they just got rid of it.... thank heaven. But I am such a goodie two shoes I was really sick over it.

Do you have any lawyer friends? That seems really high given they cant prove they notified you.

Steely

I don't know even know Buddy....I will have to call them tomorrow and negotiate. I am just almost numb. I am pretty sure they can't arrest me in Washington. This is a state issue. I just feel so stupid. Like really? I forgot 2 tickets in the midst of moving? And NOW I have a warrant? Good grief.

However -- given the holiday season -- I do not want to come across as ungrateful. Despite feeling as if I am living under the wrong star right now....I still have food, shelter, etc. It will all be OK. I just am grappling with accepting this latest series of issues that have hit me. It seems lately, as if it always something, and I am so very tired of it. But I realize other people have it FAR worse than me, and for that I am very, very grateful. I have adopted the homeless man in my little town. He has a beautiful Doberman that he always has wrapped up tight in a blanket. I think about him a lot, and what has happened in his life to cause him to to be homeless. He has such a wonderful smile, and a genuine spirit. I try to always give him either a few dollars or dog food when I see him. Life is complicated.

InsaneCdn

The tickets... Its so tough when its across so much time and distance.
And no, its NOT FAIR.

Here - don't know about there - you can reach the prosecutor by phone at certain times/days... IF you are prepared to plead guilty to the charges (otherwise, no options...) - and the prosecutor can plea-bargain on the spot, including allowance for difficult circumstances... for example, plead guilty, get fines reduced by half, and pay $20 per month until cleared... Which at least would be livable. What options
are available?

Water - yes, if best case is still "yellow", fight for filter. Next layer... is it both the hot AND the cold, when the water is darker? If its both, its more likely pipes, if its just hot then its the heater.... either way its the landlord's responsibility.

Crossing fingers for ya on the bank coming through.

{{hugs}}

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I seriously doubt you'll be extradited for failure to pay traffic tickets. I know this is a worry and upsetting but put it at the bottom of the list for now, you can handle it once this other koi is settled.

As for Western Union, I'd threaten to call the news and the newspapers. Actually I'd given them about ohhhh, 24 hrs tops before I did both, then I'd also tell them I'm looking into the theft of my money. You can't deposit funds into an acct that has been closed, so said money was NOT refunded, regardless of what they're telling you. I'm not sure if you've thought of this (haven't read much on the other posts) but I'd call the bank and talk to them to. This is no small sum of cash we're talking here and Western Union has a reputation it better start thinking about real quick cuz if people get wind they they casually lose that much money........bet their business would drop like a rock.

You're much more patient than me, I'd have called the local news and paper by now. Also.........look em up on facebook and make a bad report on there about them. Companies HATE that and tend to get their public relations into high gear. Nichole has used it several times.

As for the water.......dunno but it's the landlords responsibility.

(((hugs))) Hope this nonsense doesn't last long

H

HaoZi

They can send you a bill or take you into custody if they find you in TX. Other states don't arrest or extradite for another state's parking tickets. There's a good chance you (or an attorney) can negotiate it down because there's so many unpaid parking tickets everywhere that many are happy to get paid at all.

Tell Western Union they can refund you in person at the local office or they can explain to an attorney why they can't.

DammitJanet

I was going to say that I have much experience with driving issues thanks to Cory...lol. I seriously doubt they will extradite you but you need to call them and see about getting the tickets paid. You may need to talk to the district attorney's office and see if you can get them lowered because you were never notified. Then...I have a feeling your license may be in jeopardy. In Texas you can take drivers ed online and get these tickets removed from your record. Do that long distance...lol.

DammitJanet

Steely...Im confused as to how this happened after reading on the WU website. Do you have all your numbers that they gave you? You should have banking numbers from your accounts from a sending location to a receiving location and I assume you would get some sort of receipt numbers. I didnt do the demo. You can watch the whole thing on your computer.

Steely

Janet I am confused too. Yes, I have all the numbers and everything. The bank can see the transfer, and Western Union can see that I transferred the money to them.

After not getting the money for 2 days past the time I was supposed to, they then told me that they made a "business decision" to "refund" the money back to the bank and it would take TEN days to get back in the bank account. I am on the phone with the bank now and they said that if Western Union refunded the money back to them, because the account is closed, they would refund the money back to Western Union. I am currently trying to get the bank to re-open my account to let them money go back in, but they are resisting because I am not able to go to the bank in person. I live 2K miles away from this bank! I am begging them to make an exception. Next step with to be calling the authorities - because WU has stolen my money. I can't just show up at a WU office to demand anything, because those people can only do what their computer tells them to do. I have tried that.

I called Dallas County and I actually do not have a warrant out - thank god - they just have moved my case to a lawyer for collection. The lawyer says they will not reduce the fees, I have to pay the 1200.00, but I will call Dallas County Monday and see if what can happen.

buddy

the "lawyer" is a collection agency...those guys are ruthless and there are always ways to get it down. that was probably their letter saying about a warrant to scare you and get you to call. That is how they operate, lies.

H

HaoZi

Don't rely on their lawyers for information, if you want to fight it down get your own in the area it happened it. I've seen people knock speeding tickets and their points way down just by hiring one for traffic court (said it was the best $100 she ever spent).

DammitJanet

Ohh....if its only a collection agency...well...how many years has it been? If you dont pay it for I think 7 years it will go away...lol.

H

HaoZi

In which case you admit nothing, don't acknowledge the debt, etc. You admit it they renew it for another seven. Say nothing and hang up.

InsaneCdn

Who are you talking to at the bank?
If you can CLOSE the acct from 2000 miles away... they can do a temporary re-open with you 2000 miles away.
But it may take the Ombudsman to make that happen.

But... WHY did WU return the funds to bank... could they not complete the tx? if so, shouldn't you have been notified first? (required that they do so here - they can't just reverse a transaction without your authorization).

This is SOOOOO frustrating.

Steely

Insane - I have gone up the chain in the bank - and they are going to work something out. Either stopping it when it arrives and turning it into a cashiers check, or temporarily re-opening the bank account.

There is still absolutely NO reason that they will give to me as to why they refunded the money. ( I have talked to like 10 people at WU - it is ridiculous. Nor did they ask my permission to refund it. And it may take TEN days to get the money to my bank.

I talked to my friend Gabriel that works at a bank and he said it is common for these types of institutions to play the stock market with your money. In other words hang onto it longer to make themselves more interest. I have to ponder if this is the case, especially since it was such a large amount. Scary, huh.....Certainly there is way I could go to the authorities and state they stole my money for 2 weeks??? I think??

Anyway, tomorrow I will call Dallas County and get the real scoop on the tickets. There is really nothing they can do except mess my credit up since I am now out of state. So I feel calmer knowing that.

And M has his plane ticket purchased, finally, so it is a complete positive he is coming.

I am feeling like I can breathe again. I am going to go bake for potential customers for my business -- I need to be making some cash soon!

klmno

Boy- when it rains it pours, doesn't it? I hope you can get something taken care of. Can you make it the rest of your life and not go back to TX? I'm shocked that they issued a warrant for this. you'd think they'd have bigger fish to fry. I'm thinking once they know what state you live in, they can get your address thru your current DMV for something like this.