Thank you - Bio Dad.

Estherfromjerusalem

Oh Star, I hope he gets back safe, soon.

I can't even begin to imagine the emotional turmoil that poor kid is going through. Not to mention the emotional turmoil you are going through.

You and your boyfriend are being really terrific. It is so difficult to know how to behave. Detaching isn't the answer in all situations, and there are so many angles to this.

Please let us know when he gets home safe.

Love, Esther

witzend

My eyeballs ache from all of the rolling back in my head. Hope he makes it home safe and chalks this one up to experience...

Star*

call 911........call 911
He's back. Apparently Greyhound can overbook a bus by 40 (yes 40 seats) and ask people to stay behind on a 5 hour layover. Incredible. Dude came in on the 2:15 bus.

I got a big smile, huge hug, thank you and before he said a word, I told him I didn't really want to hear a thing about FL. I read and re-read this thread and decided that I really didn't want the drama, that the answers he could give, would give? Nothing I could do about them anyway, so why upset myself further?! I also had an idea creeping around that a lot of his story could be for our benefit. He had to report to PO yesterday, went today, but the small miracle in that is that he was concerned about it at all.

Of course after the bus ticket was purchased by yours truly and her DF? The family stepped up and said "OH we would have gotten you a ticket." OMG they never stop. Right up to the end....one uncle even said "If you can get $$ for gas I'll drive you home. OMG are you SERIOUS? Lets see how much would that COST? Nice try.

Apparently just before he took the ride to the bus the uncle called and said "Hey you haven't seen your car!" (okay lets all join hands and sing THIS IS THE PLOY TO KEEP YOU COMING BACK NEXT TIME chant) so he rushed down to show him HIS car. (OY VEY) and then dropped him off at his Mammas. See? I told you this is just sooooo typical. Dude said at the very end it was okay - except for the part with his Dad. But Dad did give him a bunch of "junk" and I mean junk. Broken camera, a drill with no power charger. Some used cologne and some 1/2 used body sprays & lotions. I just looked and said what?? Dude said - Stuff he traded pills for. (SLAP ME NOW) nice....Dude shrugged and said "He wanted to give me something for Christmas." (Witz you think YOUR eyes are rolling?) Mine look like a one armed bandit on 3 lemons.

So anyway - his buddy came here and picked him up a little bit ago. His boss wants to be sure he's coming to work in the morning - YES (says Df with a resounding YOU BET HE ISN'T STAYING HERE WITH ME) and me?

You can write me care of the State Bed and Breakfast Music Class - I'll be the one in the corner playing the lip harp....bebbbbbbbbbbbb bebebebebebbbbbbbebebebebebebbbb bbbbbbe bebebebee bbbbbb brbrbrbr beeeeeeebebebeb brrrrrrbreeeebbbbbebbbb:tongue:

DammitJanet

Ok...number one...if your ex is now trading pills for stuff like broken cameras and half full bottles of cologne? He is really going down! I have a ton of stuff here I will go trade him for and come back up here and sell them for real money...lol. I mean really...duh! What a stupid businessman. (Just kidding folks)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet you're actually making a very good point. You don't have to deal drugs to see it. If he's trading his pills for such **** as that then the man is waaaaay down in the gutter. Not to mention that his brain is most likely mush.

Thank goodness Dude is home safe. It's going to take a bit for all this to sink in and take hold.

As for x's side of the family....my eyes were rolling into the back of my head. lol

rejectedmom

Well Star I think you win the prize for worst ex-family ever!!! I hope Dude's eyes are wide open and stuck in that position forever. God golly! I can't even begin to address my thoughts on that family my head is spinning...Glad you are out and not getting sucked back in. Hoping for the same for Dude. -RM

Star*

call 911........call 911
(oh OHHHHHHH I have one better) I dooooo I reallllly do.

Last night Dude tells us at dinner that his Dad ALMOST got him a 2006 Dodge truck fully loaded. Okay one of his "customers" owes him $6000.00 and has told x he will never be able to get out from under the debt. BUT (oh I loved this) his GIRLFRIEND has a 2006 Dodge truck that they can't afford anymore. So he was going to bring x the truck and x was going to give the truck to Dude to DRIVE home since he had no money to give Dude for a train ticket.

(SLAP HEAD) ......no wait I'd like to slap HIS head. OMG We asked Dude....Do you not understand that THE BANK would STILL OWN the truck. So Dude looks at us and says "How could the bank still own the truck if the girlfriend gives the truck to her boyfriend and he gives it to my Dad, she'd give him the title." Um......"No son. When the guy said we can't AFFORD it anymore he means PAYMENTS not GAS." Your DADDEE was going to allow you to drive home in basically a stolen truck that you could have NEVER gotten tags, registration or insurance on.....unless this girl allowed you to take over payments in her name, in which case if you never had a contract drawn up when the payments were done she could have said YOU STOLE IT and took it back paid in full." or PAID IN FOOL. Take your pick.

WOW is your Daddee really that gone on dope? Dude just sat there literally astonished. I said it would be a far better thing if you just kept working, made your OWN money and bought your own stuff.

Which brings me to my next point -

Sick as a dog with a migraine and the trots.....Dude took a Relpax, downed Kaopectate after telling me he was staying home and got up and dressed in less that 5 minutes and went to work sick.as.a.dog.

He also paid us back for about 70% of that bus ticket.

Last night he washed dishes, folded towels, was home for supper on time and was in bed by 9:30 PM.

No arguing.....no fighting.....no sassing.

NO WAY this is my kid, and I hope the Mother ship stays gone permanent and leaves this :alien: here.

He also (without asking) carried the used microwave into the office for me this morning.

Ya'll suppose seeing his biodad and hearing how much people are disgusted by that persons behavior and lack of all around ethics have anything at all to do with this motivation?

M

ML

Let me know if there is anything I can do. My heart breaks for him, and for his mom.

susiestar

Roll With It
Star, It could have had that big of an impact on Dude. He is a very smart person, usually able to read people well. Once you explained vehicle financing and ownership he was probably stunned and repulsed by his father's actions.

Hoping and praying that this new behavior is long term. It would make such a difference in his life.

Mattsmom277

Wow Star. I hadn't even seen this thread. Where have I been?? Quite the Christmas Family (sic) Reunion ala daughter (Dufus Daddy). Unreal. Maybe the crack some in the air affected dude, not aliens, and have been whispering to him to move microwaves and such? I'm glad he's paid you back some and is back to work. I'm sorry that he had to be like many of our kids, and learn the hard way. Never easy. But sadly, it is often the best way for them to fully know the reality of those around them (or should I say NOT around them???).

Sometimes I have to shake my head and wonder if you Star are my cross continent twin. We do have some paralells don't we? Now Matt's bio-donor dufus daddy is not hitting the pipe. He does however tip any and all beer bottles pretty decently. If beer arm tipping was up there with winging it to left field, he'd be successful and have his own baseball card in the Big Leagues.

We too had a mini drama, as per usual, over the holidays. Daddy after near to 17 years now, still refuses to contact his beloved (gag me) son directly. Won't call him. Won't answer his calls when he sees our number on call display. So via bio gram (We'll call her Gram Gram as my Matt has begun to do, in a cartoon voice that slays me as I try to bite my lower lip to not explode with delighted laughter, the boy is slow at times but he DOES catch on!) ... yeah so via Gram Gram, Matt is told in early Dec. that daddy is going to send Gram Gram money. Indeed. For Matt to take a bus to visit The Old Man (Daddy's way of referring to himself ... CLASSY I SAY!) during the holidays.

No more contact until Dec. 27. Of course Matt, not having fell of a turnip truck yesterday, was not turning blue from holding his breath. On the 27th I answer a 8a.m. call (Suddenly its so urgent a issue after weeks of no contact that a 8a.m. phone call is the only way to get this all set up???). No sorry. Matt is sleeping, I'll have him call you back. Matt eventually rises. I pass along said message. He rolls his eyes and says Well, maybe Daddy has decided that since Christmas is days over now, he should perhaps acknowledge his offspring. (He even inserted a joke about the justice in the world that bio dad has never fathered another unlucky child)

In no rush, that evening Matt calls his Gram Gram. There is all of 7 days left in his holidays. 14 days before that held in breathless anticipation (not) and wasted. Anyhow, Daddy has surfaced on Gram Grams telephone. He has (GASP) no money left after the expense of The Holiday. BUT. He has asked Gram Gram to loan him cash for a ticket for his Offspring to visit, to celebrate the New Year with His Boy. Of course, he'll pay her back (Indeed, when his running tab of debt to Gram Gram get somewhere below the $20K mark, its on the list of IOU's ... um ... YEAH! Please pay ME first. The one raising Your Boy. You owe me over $75K back child support.)

So MY boy says to Gram Gram, tell Daddy to set it up and get in touch when there are DETAILS and a PLAN. (My boy who doesnt plan? He totally doesnt' want to hear a Plan Without A Plan)

New Years Eve. A day of reflection. On days gone by. On a year ahead full of opportunity to blaze a NEW trail. To look ahead to better things, a better you. To changes for The Better. And the phone rings. It is the Gram Gram. She who Dispenses The Messages. Umm, Uhhh, Umm .... Hi Matt. What is wrong Gram Gram? Cat got your tongue? A slew of Good Reasons why Daddy can't manage to arrange a Holiday With The Boy. My boy, he can be slow to get it at times. But some things get ingrained REAL young. Disappointment? Not at this stage. He laughed. Yup. In Gram Gram's ear, he laughed.

Then came the Promise To Send Christmas Money. In leiu of the missed visit. In lieu of the missed Christmas Present.

My difficult child has finally figured out The Real Deal. He responded to Gram Gram to please tell his dad to not sweat The Great Present of 2009. Since he has YET to get The Great Present of 2008,7,6,5, and the New Year's countdown was on ;)

He then showed why he is truly his mothers son. He passed along the quip that rather than try to make up for 16 birthdays MIA, Christmas's MIA, Easters, Thanksgivings, graduations, ball games, blah blah blah, he would be fine if Daddy Dearest coughed up his UNPAID CHILD SUPPORT. Seeing as Mom, the Evil Uber Villain they all Love to Hate, considers it blood money and therefore it will, if it ever magically appears, be handed over to Matt. He informs Gram Gram he'd love that money as he's planning on getting a post secondary education in another year and it sure beats a loan. He also reminded her that just because ongoing payments owed will stop when he's 18 (he's wrong by the way, its after he graduates University if he goes direct from high school without taking a year off) the debt does NOT go away. See, he's got it figured My Boy. Daddy is waiting out the child support paying years, for the magical day that he no longer owes. And then, magically, the amount that will have surpassed $100K will be GONE. (HAHAHA I get simple delights in life. I can't wait for the day he gets the big picture that he will owe it till his grave)

Gram Gram tisked her grandbaby dearest. Your Daddy would pay if he was in a position to do so Matt. Don't sell him short. To which My Boy responded to sell him short would be to give it consideration at all and he'd given up years ago.

Needless to say Gram Gram asked Matt to spend New Years Eve with her to make up for his missed Holiday 'O Daddy. He told her he might be able to, if daddy would wire him the $2 bus fare to cross town to her place ;). What a guy. He told her We's Too Poor For The Bus Fare Too Gram Gram.

She hung up on him. He came out of his room and filled me in on the Great Planning Session. I said how do you feel? He said, and I quote "Mom, same S^$*T, different day". Outta the mouth of babes.

I get a feeling Matt and Dude would have a pretty wild conversation if we could get them together.

And you and I? My twin? We too could have quite a conversation. We would drown the world out with our state of Zen.

Nancy

OMG Star you couldn't make this stuff up if you were writing a screenplay.

My difficult child is still waiting for her bm to sign the papers to meet her....6 months after she promised to do so. She and Dude are living in the same dream world.

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wow......that Matt is really brilliant for a man of 16 years.

Passing the trophy on to you. lol.

Ish.

( I think these S.D.'s should get some kind of award)