The BEST Turkey!!

susiestar

Roll With It
We got a no-brand frozen 14.5 lb turkey at Walmart a week before Christmas. We were going to cook it the Sun before Christmas. Just a cheap source of meat, nothing like a fancy dinner.

It took until yesterday to thaw all the way in the fridge. I needed to rest for today, so Jessie decided SHE would cook it.

She shoooooo'd her dad and bro out of the kitchen and got the turkey out. I had gone to the Turkey Council website and copied their directions.

So she oiled the skin, put it in the oven and then basted it every half hour.

OMG it is the BEST, MOST TENDER turkey I have ever had!!!!!!!

I am still trying to figure out what she did. She used a meat thermometer because it didn't ahve a pop-up thingy.

That girl just amazes me. She put potatoes on to boil for mashed potatoes, but made husband finish them.

I am in turkey heaven!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hmmmm... I love my homemade turkey pan gravy. Methinks I'll go get me a bird to baste for New Year's!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yeah for Jess! Tell her this board Auntie is very proud of her. My kids won't even touch a raw turkey much less try to cook one! For someone her age to be making a perfect turkey-I'm very impressed!

susiestar

Roll With It
I told her all of your praise. She said it was kind of strange sticking her hand up a turkey's XXX but then she and thank you opened the bag of organs and were trying to figure out what was what.

And on a dare from thank you she touched the heart - TOTALLY creeped my little guy out! All afternoon seh would touch him with her hand and say "heart hand" and he would squeal and laugh. It was pretty cool. and of course she had already washed her hand before teh heart hand thing, LOL!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'll bet your kittehs would like the organ meats! Did she cook them up? Sometimes we chop ours and put it in the gravy...