The Countdown Begins

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I did go back to the complexes website and go through all the "application and leasing requirements". One thing I noted was that they do not rent to either convicted felons or individuals on the sex offenders list.

Which I suppose makes me feel a little safer, though I don't much like the idea of someone who got popped with a couple of joints, or some 18 year old boy who got caught with a 16 year old girl not being able to find a decent place to live...

on the other hand, I did visit a website devoted to listing sex offenders and nearly had a coronary when I found out not only how many of them live in "my" mobile home park, but sort of offenses they had committed.

Rather frightening when one considers how many young children there are living here.

So right now it is wait mode. I did read up on their "credit requirements" and pulled my free annual credit reports and near as I can tell after going through them, I'm OK. I will have to get a note from my landlord here as I've been here for 11 years with a clean rent payment history.

There's one black mark dating back to 2009 from my psychiatrist's office that I've gone round and round on a few times. A bill that I paid, that went to collections AFTER I paid it. I will once again hassle with them about it when I go in for my medication check next week.

Meanwhile I disputed it. It's only on Experian for some reason.It's for 34 dollars and to this day I have no idea what it was for, LOL!

At least it's been long enough that the foreclosure and bankruptcy after husband died have dropped off my records.

I am astonished at how rigid they've gotten in the past several years. It's got to be really rough for folks just starting out to get established in a place of their own.

I am hoping mum can get into her dentist in the next couple of days. She did reach him at his emergency number today and he called in antibiotics for her which she's started. The pain should ease as they start working. The tooth will have to be pulled, but it can't be pulled until the infection quiets down.

I have problems with dizziness from narcotics as well, but can tolerate Vicodin without falling flat on my face. Percocet is another story. If I have to take Percocet. I take one, and go lay down before it takes effect.

If Ruth wasn't drinking again, I'd call her and tell her to take mum to the hospital for a shot of Toradol and a RX for a few days worth of Toradol tablets, Better yet would be a RX for some ketoprofen.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
GN I believe you can call Esperian and dispute that charge. You have to go through some paperwork, at least that's the way it was years ago and usually they take it off. You can give it a try.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Experian has the paperwork for disputes online now. I filled out the forms to dispute the derogatory report and sent them in.