therapist appointment with ....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
ktbug today was very enlightening. kt reported to therapist that Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker here is making her very uncomfortable when at the park; "all fluttery in my stomach - like she's going to hit me". kt went onto say that Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker was nice to mom & dad & to kt while they were here but that she is "mean & angry" toward her outside of the house.

therapist asked for more information - I won't go into details but therapist called CADI manager & reported this. He put kt on the phone. Suffice it to say that Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker has been fired.

I was proud that kt reported this information however she sat on it for far too long & was afraid to tell husband or myself.

therapist assured ktbug that she could tell husband or me anything & that it's important to tell us this type of stuff. She should also feel free to call him. CADI manager told kt that she could call her at anytime as well.

CADI manager is reporting this as well - apparent verbal abuse toward kt when they were in the community.

therapist feels that this may have been setting off kt's instability over the last month.

Another day - pass the beer nuts! :hammer:

slsh

member since 1999
Sheesh, Linda... just what you guys need, a difficult child Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker. :hammer:

Though, on thinking about this a bit further, I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not sure I would've paid much heed to a complaint like this from thank you. Just so many examples of his "stories" being utter fantasy that... heaven help him, so much of his gripes are just static now. You've definitely given me pause.

Thank goodness kt *is* a good advocate for herself - and thank goodness therapist heard her (I know you would have too - you're a good mom).

F

flutterbee

Well, that certainly explains a lot. I'm glad kt spoke up. That's not easy for many kids to do, let alone difficult child kids.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good for kt for speaking up! I'm sorry she had to deal with this-it's just not right-yikes! I hope you fine a new and better Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker soon! Hugs.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
We are not going the Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) route - going to address it again in a year or so. It's been decided that PCAs are a better fit given that kt is already getting a great deal of skills training at day treatment each day.

I'm proud of kt - that she spoke up. I'm sorry that she sat on this information for so very long. I asked therapist about perception issues as kt's perceptions can be somewhat skewed on occasion.

therapist felt that kt was on target with what she was telling him; there was no exaggerations or accusations. Just stating facts.

Thank you all - it's been quite the day. kt is down for the night but not sleeping yet. It may be a very long night.