Trying to make a change.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I have decided that I want to be anonymous no more. I want to lobby for change so that other parents who have children sufferings from mental health and substance abuse do not have to face the same challenges to accessing care that we did.

My goals are
To make amendments to the youth act that will allow for parents to seek care for their children with Mental health and Substabce Abuse disorders; they are a harm to themselves and others and there should Be a mandatory 30 day detox hold on any youth in crisis.

There is not a single detox bed available for youth in Canada. This must change.

I am planning a public awareness and speaking tour with Tim Ryan to attract as much media and public attention as possible.

If you would like to contribute to support this venture any donation would be appreciated.

I have approached a number of local bussaris for support but have had no response as of yet. I will keep you all up to speed on how this develops. The target dates for the roll out of Anonymous no More is November of this year.

Littleboylost

Anyone wanting to make a contribution can in box me for the Go Fund Me link. I think it was removed as it may not be in line with the Forums rules to share it in a post.

Copabanana

Lbl. What a great step.

You fought like crazy for this and it seems to be making all the difference for your son. It must feel terrifying to think about how close your family came to falling between the cracks but you would not allow it. And now this.

I wish I knew what to fight for here in my country. But I do not know what will help my son. And there is a no one thing that has worked so as to give me the sense of the thing to fight for. Because to really succeed it needs to be personal.

Bravo.

What gave you the idea to do this and fueled your motivation to do it? I mean, all of us have the experience that could lead to activism, but with you, it did.

Littleboylost

Lbl. What a great step.

You fought like crazy for this and it seems to be making all the difference for your son. It must feel terrifying to think about how close your family came to falling between the cracks but you would not allow it. And now this.

I wish I knew what to fight for here in my country. But I do not know what will help my son. And there is a no one thing that has worked so as to give me the sense of the thing to fight for. Because to really succeed it needs to be personal.

Bravo.

What gave you the idea to do this and fueled your motivation to do it? I mean, all of us have the experience that could lead to activism, but with you, it did.
I am not sure what triggered this Copa but it was a notion I could not ignore.

If anyone would like to contribute please inbox me for the link to the GoFundMe me.