UP \ down / UP \ down

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
After IHBT left yesterday, difficult child 2 followed me at less than 10 feet for the entire duration of the day. By 9pm, I was feeling a little suffocated.

difficult child wanted to read a book. husband tried to step in and told difficult child to sit in the recliner and read his book, not realizing difficult child meant he wanted me to read a book to him. difficult child did as he was told, but it broke his heart, he crawled in the recliner with the book and spewed giant crocodile tears because he doesn't know how to read.

husband felt awful, I felt awful....obviously difficult child felt awful...I hate the teeter/totter of difficult child-dom.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Exhausting, isn't it? Crocodile tears aside, parents make mistakes or misunderstand what is going on. The fact that husband stepped in is wonderful.

Sometimes, a husband just needs to do that - consequences be damned. difficult child will survive his disappointment as will you.

I used to enjoy roller coaster rides until difficult children entered my life. :crazy:

busywend

They can be suffocating, can't they? I still have my 15 year old difficult child under foot some days. Others I barely see her.

Enjoy your little one, he will be big one day much too soon.

Wiped Out

Staff member
husband gets this way more than me-he is glued to husband whenever possible. It is hard on him. I tend to get more of the abuse but he is always wanting to be with husband. Interesting when husband isn't here then he is that way with me.