Update on being a detective

Abbey

Spork Queen
Had a very long, frank talk with easy child last night. Explained that we were not only concerned for him, but for his girlfriend. I told him about the phone and the number of times she was calling. This doesn't even include the number of times to the house phone and the 'legal' cell.

Also talked about the issue that she is giving up a full-ride scholarship at a VERY nice college to come back to be with him. That is not right for her.

Once I got husband to stop lecturing (yawn), and let easy child talk, he said he doesn't want this relationship. It's his first girlfriend and they've been together for 3 years. It's almost like asking for a divorce. He doesn't know how to do it.

Once he started talking, he poured it out. He says he actually likes it when she is at college because he gets to hang out with friends. Even girls. GASP!!:surprise:

Most of us have been in the position of having to break a relationship. It is not easy. He claims he's going to do it this week, but is afraid of what she might do to herself. Bring in big guilt trip now.

I asked him...do you really think you're going to marry her? He laughed and said, heck no! Then don't ruin the golden years of being young. Go experience life.

Fingers crossed that he might actually do this.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey

I hope the boy takes the plunge and does the break up. It's not fair to either of them for him to keep dragging out a relationship he doesn't want to be in.

Personally, I think the break up thing is harder when it's your first "real" relationship if it's gone on longer than the normal span. Most first relationships don't last more than a few months, let alone years.

I know it was hard for my easy child. And I sometimes wonder if that's why Nichole take so much of boyfriend's bull. I've seen it with others too.

Glad he was honest with you. I sure hope he bites the bullet. They both have some golden years to be enjoying while they can.

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sometimes - I forget what it's like to have been a kid -

Sounds like you have a pretty good kid there Abbey - he's sensitive, kind and cares. Despite the phone thing - (ugly auntie glare) he really is a great kid!

Good for you inspector Gadget!

Good luck on your new job!

Lothlorien

Sounds like you did a good thing, even though you were feeling a bit guilty. Bringing it up allowed him to release and talk about it. Maybe that has given him enough courage to really break things off with her.

witzend

Have you talked to her parents about your concerns? What do they think of her giving up a full scholarship for your son?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Have talked to parents a few times. They don't seem to care. I think they enjoy watching the relationship.

Just got home for WORK (unusual word for me lately) and husband says that supposedly easy child broke up with her on the phone today.

I'm exhausted.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good for easy child.

Now as long as he doesn't let her guilt him into getting back together......he's got it made. This girl's clinginess made me think of that.

Get some rest Abbey.

Hugs