Update on me

J

Junglelandmama

Hello family. Been a long time since I visited, but find I need support again and hope to offer support when I can.

As I posted in the other forum, Aly is now 13, almost 14, and 5'10" and completely gorgeous. Scary!! lol

We have had our battles, her and I, but I am in Recovery and feeling much more capable of dealing with her crappolla.

husband and I split up a yr ago last Feb for 9 months, got back together and Jayme and I moved back in with him and Aly in Nov. Aly is struggling with taking me seriously as a parent and likes to treat me with zero respect. Working closely with in home therapist to get me some tougher skin!

On a sad note, my mom was just diagnosis'd with bladder cancer, she's 78. Surgery was last week and chemo/radiation will start in a few weeks. We all are trying to stay positive for her sake. She lives 4 hours away, so I can't just hop over for a visit daily, like I would love to. I was with her all last week, but things here at home got rough for husband so I came home on the weekend. Hope to go back next week. These days and visits with her are precious.

If y'all r believers, could u send up some prayers for my mama?

Thanks, love and hugs, Vickie

nvts

Hi Vicky! So glad you're back! Sounds like things are coming together for you, which is always a good thing!

I'm rattling beads for you and your Mom! Many prayers for all of you!

Beth

Mattsmom277

Hi Vickie. Congrats on recovery and I hope that the time apart has helped you and your husband, often it does. Sounds like you are focused and coping well with difficult child antics, kudos for that!!!!!!!!
Definitely sending prayers for your mom. I am glad that you can head back again to spend time, even if it can't be daily. Cherish the moments you have.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Nice to see you. it has been a while. Congrats on recovery and glad you get continued support to deal with difficult child.