After much back and forth between the attorney we hired and the prosecutor, the court gave us one week to get him into a program and released him to us. He and his dad immediately left for Pennsylvania and met with admissions. They need to speak to the most recent treating therapist and psychiatrist, then they will have a decision for us within a day or two about whether they can take him for a minimum 60 day stay. We have to plunk down $16,000 in advance or they won't admit him at all - they refuse to boot out a child just because the insurance company says time's up - but the insurance will cover 70 percent of at least some of the days. that's it for my retirement plan, but I'm so relieved that at least my ex and I get a respite from the constant worry and stress. I couldn't go on another two weeks like this. We are so emotionally and physically worn down. I'm glad that they didn't take him into custody today and I'm glad this won't be drawn out for more than a couple of days. My son will be at home at his dad's tonight, exhausted and probably angry and sullen and a bit frightened. I'm prepared for him to hate me now, I just hope that we can penetrate that rock-hard head and help him help himself. I'm sure his "friends" will be shocked out of their shoes.