Our grown daughter is still living in our basement awaiting placement at a residential rehab -- has been home for three weeks now (after nearly a year out of control) and is doing rather well, seems to be in one of her periodic recovery stages, taking her medications, staying clean, trying to be responsible, and we are hoping (but with eyes wide open) that this time it will "take". Now, we have a problem: our long-planned trip back home to Oklahoma is looming. We are going to see our parents and our boys over Easter and the following week. Our sons have scheduled their vacations to meet us there. We haven't seen some of our family and friends in two or three years. Everyone has been so looking forward to this for a long time, especially our little granddaughter. So what are we going to do with difficult child? Increasingly it looks like there won't be a bed for her somewhere in the remaining two weeks before we are to leave. She can't handle 10 days on her own, but, frankly, we do not want to take her with us. In spite of the fact that she is trying right now, she can still often be difficult, and there are just a whole host of issues -- in short, even if she's being good the tension would just kill any enjoyment. I know you all know what I mean. There just don't seem to be any good options. It seems like we might have to cancel, but we sure don't want to ruin another vacation over her issues and add to our issues with her to boot. This sounds like one of those "yeah, but" games difficult child has laid on us before -- every potential solution has a "yeah, but" that ends up putting difficult child and her dramas center-stage. Thing is, I don't think she really wanted to put us on the spot, she genuinely is having trouble finding a placement. Anybody have any ideas?