Venting...

pamelabs1

After a breif hospitalization about 6 weeks ago and numerous problems since then...we have decided to put our daughter in residential treatment. I am not sure how I feel about it. Our house has been in constant chaos for quite awhile now and it is wearing us all down. But I feel horribly guilty...like I am just sending her away for someone else to deal with. I know she needs help...that I can't give her. It so hard to feel like I can't deal with my own child. I love her so much...I just want her to be ok. I wish someone could tell me that I am doing the right thing and that everything will be ok....I am so depressed. Even with everything she has put us through I am going to miss her so much...the idea of only seeing her once a week is killing me. I just don't know anymore....

keista

((((HUGS))))

If she had cancer or diabetes, or anything else she needed to be hospitalized for, would you think twice about it? This is no different. She has an illness which cannot be cared for at home any longer.

((((HUGS))))

InsaneCdn

{{hugs}}
Self doubt, second-guessing... yes, you are a REAL parent.
But... sometimes we cannot do for our kids, what they need.
You are a good parent to recognize that the situation is too complex for you to deal with and to seek appropriate help.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

Trust me, I felt the same about Onyxx being in treatment... I second guessed it... Even though it ended up being court ordered. But it was, and is, the best thing... And one of the hardest in a LOT of ways.

StressedM0mma

((HUGS)) I understand where you are coming from. And how gut wrenching the decision is. We are in the process of trying to make this decision ourselves. I hope that you will be able to find peace, and mend as a family while she is at Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

buddy

Makes total sense you would feel that push pull of it being the right thing, but being sad too. I think a few of the parents here who have recently or do currently have their kids in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) have shared so many of those same feelings. Just really hoping for you that it will not only help her but give your family a chance to regenerate and make plans.

Thinking of you... She goes Wed??? Let us know how it all turns out.