Warrior mom bracelet....

buddy

This bracelet is sold on the attach-china website. Wonder how we could do this for our site, something of our own??? and can it raise money for the site?

Or maybe a t-shirt???? hint... you know who....

klmno

Interesting....I'd never even heard the term before coming to this site. It would be great if there was a way to use this merchandise to raise money for the site- I think Cheryl has to be the one to check into that, though.

TerryJ2

Hmm. Interesting.
I will check with-my artist friends and see if I can come up with-something more like jewelry.
Great gift idea, either way!

H

HaoZi

I lean more towards the Survival Straps myself. I can think of a lot of warrior mom times they might be useful.

buddy

HaoZi what is that? Curious......

I was imagining myself sitting in an IEP meeting with a warrior mom shirt or an I heart difficult child bracelet.... and warrior mom on the other side of the bracelet.... and being able to look at it or use it as a figit while we are discussing things..... we can be at eachother's meetings that way.... or dr appts or therapist appts, you get the idea...

Maybe even some kind of big warrior mom HAT... yeah that should shut them up...lol lets see.... HORNS of some kind I think...

klmno

:rofl:

Buddy, did you really just find this site 3 mos ago? I swear, you seem like an old salt at this warrior mom stuff and CD member!

R

runawaybunny

Interesting idea, I'll have to look into those bracelets. Another community I admin has a cafe press store. Right now that site is doing a holiday fund raiser for St Jude's children's hospital and Wounded Warriors. When we're not using the shop for a fund raiser I won't mark the merchandise up at all. We use it as a community builder rather than a way to make money for the site. We could do the same thing here.

Since I already have everything needed to do a cafepress store I could put one of those together within a week or 2. Not sure what all is involved with the bracelets, I'll have to look into that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

buddy

Cheryl, that would be so great. I know I have seen those bracelets, made to order for really cheap in bulk. but yeah, if it was a store kind of thing we could add t-shirts etc.

I remember doing a thing once where some adoption friends online passed around a shirt, we all autographed it... it took a while (there were not tons of us) but we each had actual signatures from eachother on our shirts. BUT with technology now, we could do some kind of e transfer, or just do it graphically... people could pay in to have their screen name or real name their choice, all over the back of the shirt or all over the shirt with a larger graphic saying Warrior Moms or something like that... could be fun.

buddy

HaoZi LOL I started busting out laughing.....

I am thinking me with that when principal is being a jerk???? Maybe I need to set up my camera on a tripod so I can automatically get me "using" it on him.... I can hear the old movie/commercial line..."Get a rope."

(no one call the cops, I am not a violent person in real life)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Just a word of caution...go low on the inventory.

Years ago everyone got excited about having CD forum coffee and travel mugs. (I still have mine!) It seemed like hundreds of members wanted them because they all joined the bandwagon and promised to order them. In good faith, Fran spent a lot of money ordering them. Then, when the inventory arrived, a very small percentage of the people who said originally they wanted them in fact ordered them and she lost money on the project. :(

Suz

R

runawaybunny

I do remember hearing about that... very frustrating and unfortunate. One of the other sites I admin has had a Cafepress shop for several years. It works out well because it is print on demand. We don't carry any inventory, they do. They don't print anything until someone orders it and they do all the order processing, packing, shipping etc. We don't have to put any money up so there's no pressure on the members to buy and no pressure on the admin side to do anything other than to take the time to set up graphics and the online store. When someone orders something cafepress handles everything and they offer a 30 day 100% satisfaction money back guarantee on all merchandise. It's been pretty much stress free for everyone. Hopefully it will work the same way here.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Curiously enough, I never saw this poem but I believe I first coined the phrase "warrior mom" many years ago.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Fran, I was wondering if she was a former/current member here. I'd never heard the phrase before you started it.

Suz

klmno

Fran, I was wondering if she was a former/current member here.

I haven't been here as long asa some of you ladies, but this wouldn't surprise me. It seems awful concidental to be talking about warrior moms with armor fighting for their kid when no one I know outside this board has even heard of this reference for mothers of challenging kids before. Maybe someone should email that lady and ask her if she knows what a difficult child is. LOL!