We caught it in time.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you for all your good thoughts & such.

Just wanted to update you....we've caught this in time. No hospitalization to date. If there are certain symptoms I'm to get myself to ER ASAP but it's very unlikely because we caught this so early.

Eye doctor gave me steroid drops for my eyes; is a bit concerned but there isn't the involvement like last time.

Unless I hear differently this afternoon it's a no go - I'm home for the weekend & beyond.

Again, thank you for the prayers & good thoughts. 2010 is going to be a darned sight better than 2009.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm so glad that I can sleep in my own bed & not worry about my home & other things. I feel blessed by all of my friends here who care enough to send positive healing thoughts.

Even though I'm ill physically, for the first time in months I feel stronger emotionally. I have a difficult anniversary coming up & kt's discharge is the 22nd of this month yet I feel I will survive.

Thanks to you for all the cyber shoulders. Here's to a better 2010.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm so glad to hear you are feeling so strong, despite the illness right now! You are a mighty woman, a force to be reckoned with, and I know how much you are admired here for the strength in spirit and mind you manage to maintain, despite a body that doesn't always cooperate.

I hope your health is restored quickly and that you sail through the coming emotional challenges this month with your usual grace and humor.

(((Hugs)))

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I am so glad to hear this. Due to a fried immune system. husband battled repeated attacks of shingles for several years.

Thankfully, his were not on his face (the most dangerous place to have shingles due to the possibility of eye and brain involvement), but rather on his chest and abdomen.

He was still absolutely miserable with them and the ulcers were so deep that he wound up with terrible scarring.

He took Valcyclovir but that was years ago. Are there newer, more effective drugs available now?

Nancy

Hi Linda,

Due to my own drama here I just saw this now so I went back to find the first thread to see what was happening. I'm so sorry that you are suffering again from shingles, although relieved to hear that it was caught in time and the rash is not spreading further.

I truly hope with all my heart that 2010 is better for you. I'm sending healing thoughts and comforting hugs.

Nancy