Weather pains...Advice

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Alright, you billiant group of warriors... Question for ya.

Y'all know how broken bones ache when the weather changes? Well, I need a little help with that. Since the accident, my nose (which i broke) hurts when the weather changes. So far, Its just my nose that hurts, but it HURTS when the rain comes.

Ibuprofen doesn't touch it. Can't take naproxen. Vicodin helps, but now that I'm not taking it all the time. I've lost my tolerance and it makes me woozy...so...any suggestions to kill a weather-and-broken-bone-induced headache?

T

TeDo

How much ibuprofen were you taking? I have severe inflammatory arthritis in my entire body that is extremely weather sensitive. My doctor told me to take 3 tabs 4 times a day or 4 tabs 3 times a day depending on the level of the pain. That works for me. Those other medications don't work for me either. Sorry I can't help more. I truly feel for you.

flutterby

Fly away!
Don't they have stuff for sinus headaches? I'm wondering if that might help. If not, I would try Excedrin. Also, ice - either over your nose/sinuses, forehead, or back of the neck.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Try a very warm moist washcloth.....keep it on until the ache stops.

I've not broken my nose........but I know moist heat helps a ton with the broken bone weather ache thing. If it were someplace else I'd suggest a heating pad......but doubt you'd want to put that on your nose.

You could get one of those packets you pop into the microwave and heat up for it.

Rainbird

This may sound a bit odd. I did a body cleanse that consists liquid bentonite clay and psylium husk. You make it into a shake and drink it up to 4 times a day (an hour after food, or an hour before). Drink tons of water while you do it. It cleans all of the toxins and sludge out of your body. My fibro pain is all but gone and I have tons of energy now. It might be worth a try. It isn't all that expensive and works but better than pain killers.

H

HaoZi

Moist heat for bone aches along with something like ketoprofen for mine. For joints, drinking tart or dark cherry juice everyday helps.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
HaoZi... Where are you finding ketoprofen? That stuff's a miracle for me.

And Shari? Warmth helps...

DammitJanet

Oh Haozi...dang...you just reminded me..i forgot to get that at my doctor appointment! Dang...I am going to have to call them and beg them to call it in which is against their policy but oh well...I am forgetful and they should not rely on me to know what medications I am coming to get...lol.

Shari...I would also do heat along with advil or even aspirin if you havent tried that lately. Try the rice bags because you can keep them with you and pop them in the micro easily.