Wee difficult child suspended again.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Back in school for less than three days and has done EXACTLY what I told them he would do, which is repeat his "explicit threat" the next time they cornered him.

Now he's out for 3 days.

I FINALLY got in writing what happened the first time. He actually told them he was going to get a gun and kill them and then IMMEDIATELY started bawling and apologized and asked to hug the people he said it to.

And that's not an indication that he can't control himself???? Then what is.

Calling another worthless meeting.

I am really losing heart. Evne if I can manage to keep difficult child in school, really, what are the odds that there's gonna be a successful outcome???

B

bran155

What is wrong with these people??? They can't see that this kid has valid problems!!! They should be working on helping him instead of punishing him!!! URGH!!!! Besides how is another 3 days off from school teaching him anything? The only thing he is learning is how to manipulate the staff and get more days off!!!!

I say you go down to the Superintendent's office and sit there until you see him/her personally and get what you need for your son! And these are trained professionals??? What a joke!!!

Hang in there. :)

klmno

Shari, I don't remember the details of any previous evaluation's done privately- sorry. But, it appears to me that you are going to have to DRILL thru these people's minds that behavior modifcation alone is not going to change or help your son. If you have anything in writing stating his issues and recommended approaches, etc, maybe it would help to pull them out and go over them line by line with the teachers and staff. I don't know- the typical sd approach is to "fix" children by punishing them- which anymore means suspending them- which is useless and in my humble opinion, detrimental.

I wish I could be more help- I think you're going to have to get some highly experienced people on your side to help you fight the sd. Whether that's an advocate, mental health profs, an attny, or all of the above, I don't know. I'm sorry...

KTMom91

I'm so sorry he's still having difficulties. I know you were hoping the 1:1 aide and this school would be a positive for him. Does the school have any useful suggestions about what you can do next?

Many hugs.

JJJ

Shari,

Can you homeschool? It was the only thing that saved my difficult child. I pulled him out of Kindergarten, put him back to start 1st grade and then pulled him out again in 3rd grade. Yes, they are wrong, Yes, the law is on our side. But it is our children that suffer due to their incompetence.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I remember that time very well. Suspensions don't work on neuro-typical kids, how do they think they will have any effect on ours???

Jena

Shari I"m so sorry to hear what you are still going through. I can only imagine when you say lose heart what your going through internally. IT really is like bashing your head into the same wall repeatedly without a different outcome.

I have to say I agree with Bran on this one, I"d head to the superintendant's office also at this point. Yes, what he did you are sooo on target speaks volumes and speaks for itself. Step on their toes and go above them, you are so articulate and smart and well spoken you will blow them away and get what you need. What is scary also is your difficult child is just one of several kids I'd imagine with whom are falling inbetween the cracks so to speak.

just sending you hugs I am sorry that you are going through this.