Weekend Update

M

ML

I'm sorry that I haven't been around much this week. It's been rather hectic. I will try to catch up with everyone over the long weekend.

I am hopeful that the allergy shots for manster will take us in a good direction. I had a great conversation with psychiatrist who sort of helps in a therapist way too. I'm trying to modify behavior and increase comfort zones (just a few feet out of the house would be good lol) and the things I am restricting like carbs/sugar and computer games I will use as incentive to reach my parenting goals. So manster is earning an extra hour of video game time for agreeting to attend a bowling birthday party that he would rather not go to. I know for a fact he will have a great time when he is there! So it's a win win and it's working like a charm so far.

Thanks for always being here. Love, ML

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sounds like a good plan! We have just introduced K to the computer. I think it will help with some of her visual, auditory learning.
She learns so much better with visual.
So hopefully I can keep it to educational. She has no internet on her computer! LOL
Not yet. ;)

I am glad he is going to the party. I hope he has a good time. Rewards are good for our kids. For K they work for a while, we stop them and then try again.
It is a little song and dance on our part. Or smoke and mirrors if you will, LOL
We have also just started ALLOWANCE! We give an amount on Friday and then she loses some depending on her behaviour, she can also gain some back depending on her behaviour.
It is going pretty well so far.
We took it east on her the first 2 weeks, no loss the first week, only 50 cents week 2.
You are busy, come and go when you have time! We love to see you always.

klmno

That sounds like things are going well. Computer/video games seem to work well as incentives for our boys, huh? Way To Go for working so diligently on this!!