Weekly Thread/1st Week December

Good Morning Everyone,

It's a warm (considering how cold it's been!), rainy start to the day. I still have a couple cups of caffeine left before I'm budging from this chair. I have to go to the health club this morning! I haven't been there for a week and am feeling it. My joints are stiff and sore. Enough complaining! I know what I need to do and since I wrote about it here, I will get some exercise in this morning!

The good news is that we finally have not only new toilets but also new sinks/vanities, mirrors, light fixtures in all of our bathrooms! I'm doing the happy dance in my chair as I'm typing! I can't believe how happy I am to have bathrooms that are totally functioning, no leaky toilets, dripping sinks/shower faucets, old medicine cabinets with doors that don't open, cracked glass, etc... I'll never take these things for granted again, lol... And, I'm thoroughly enjoying our new front door, having to actually open it instead of just walk by it to find out what it's like outside! Life is good...!

Going to refill my cup... As always, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

SuZir

Good Morning!

And good one it is. We finally have snow and winter has arrived (likely for good, forecasts predict mostly 10-30 F till Christmas.) The light is back and miserable darkness, mud and wetness has disappeared. Always one of my favourite wonders of a year how all that endless miserable dark muddiness just goes away in few short hours and you wake up to the world that has turned white.

Hope you too have a nice day!

LittleDudesMom

SFR, good morning to you! Glad to hear all the baths are "fully functioning" and that you have a usable front door! I need to get back to the gym as well, I haven't been since last Tuesday…..

SuZir, would love to wake up to a winter wonderland but I don't think it's going to happen any time soon. We're scheduled for 60's and 70's, then 40's, then 50's…..it's the roller coaster of the southeast!

Wishing a good day for all!

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

SFR~ I totally understand about usable fixtures, doors, etc. Enjoy!

SuZir~ We get gray here because of our proximity to the Great Lakes. Gray with snow or without it. Just gray until spring. :(

LDM~ You'll get snow this year, I can feel it!

This has been a crazy busy week for me. Highlights include marathon laundry, baking over 20 dozen cut out cookies (which I still need to decorate), Duckie's holiday concert (The orchestra sounded really good!) and today... I pick up our new kitty from the shelter. It's going to be fun sneaking him past my girl kitty, lol!

Have a good day! :warrior:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Ladies,

Friday is almost here! Thank goodness because this has been a looooong week. Today will be another long one. I start teaching at 7:30 and then have an iep meeting for one of my students that will go to nearly 6:00! Good thing I had a good night's sleep:)

Wishing all a happy day!

Good Thursday Morning Everyone,

SuZir, Glad you're enjoying the snow! I only enjoy it for a very short time, just a dusting on Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, then I wish the white stuff would magically disappear!

LDM, Hope you managed to squeeze in some gym time during this super busy time of year. So far, I've gone 2x this week and plan on doing some cardio today and a weights class tomorrow. I need to take off some weight I've recently put on. I not only have a love/hate relationship with my health club but with my bathroom scale too!

TM, CONGRATULATIONS on the new furry addition to your family:pet:!! I just love kitties!! What does he look like?

WO, Hope today flies by and you manage to get a bit of R&R tonight!!

Going to finish what's left in the coffee pot, put on my gym clothes and get out the door before I have a chance to do too much procrastinating. The bad news is it's supposed to be a rainy, damp day, the kind that makes me want to curl up on the sofa... The good news is that it might hit 60!! Warmth is always a good thing!

As always, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

tiredmommy

SFR~ He's a gorgeous shorthaired orange tabby and a complete love muffin. Now if only my other kitty would start to accept him....

Have fun at the gym!

TM,

I absolutely LOVE orange tabbies!! I used to have one years ago. He wandered into our yard, filthy, covered in matts and cuts. He was starving and unloved. Poor baby!! He had the most gorgeous green eyes I've ever seen, lol... Enjoy that "love muffin!!!"

P.S. I had two cats when I adopted a kitten. It took awhile, don't remember how long exactly, before all of them got along. We had to separate them at night and when we went out. The kitten spent her first days at our house sleeping in a lobster crate, divided in half, litter box on one side, food and blanket on the other side. Eventually the two "women" learned to tolerate each other. The male and younger female became friends. When the male, a gorgeous gray and white kittie, my very favorite "baby," (a super large, plumb, so plumb that an uncle thought he was a Maine coon cat) got cancer and was too sick to groom himself, the younger female groomed him. I still miss my kitties but given my current situation, adopting one right now wouldn't be a good idea. Wish I could snuggle up with yours, lol...

cubsgirl

TM - it took a week or two before our older cat accepted our new kitten (this was in November 2012). At first anytime the kitten came within a 2 foot radius our older cat would hiss, then it was a 1 foot radius, then 1/2 foot, etc. Finally there was no hissing.

Now they are good friends but I was really worried at first.