weird question...

klmno

What emotion makes a person's (female) upper lip start sweating - anger, fear, hurt, anxiety/nervousnous, etc?

tiredmommy

I don't ever recall my upper lip sweating except maybe during a particularly hard work out. :sweating: I don't recall a particular emotion though.

klmno

Uhhmmm....this happened during a conversation with no physical exertion and at the same time the woman's expression changed from friendly to serious.

Marguerite

anger, fear, hurt, anxiety/nervousnous, etc?

Yes.

It's the sympathetic nervous system - when it is stimulated, sweating is one of the responses. Not just on the upper lip. Stress triggers the sympathetic nervous system - any kind of stress.

Sorry I can't be more specific. It now depends on context.

Marg

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I agree with Marg. Although I can't say I've ever noticed it with myself...have seen it in other people though. Which emotion would depend on the circumstances.

Hugs

maril

I was thinking possibly a hot flash. They hit suddenly and are quite uncomfortable sometimes; perspiration, too.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
ROFL, I laughed at "hot flash", Wendy. Ain't that the truth!

When I was getting them in full force they would start in my HAIR and rivers of sweat would pour from my forehead (and everywhere else :redface: ) on down until my whole body was slippery. YUCK!

Good to point out that it could be something innocent, and not necessarily evil causing the sweat.

Suz

klmno

A man who was attracted to her was looking at her and talking to her- she wasn't saying anything so it couldn't have been the result of lieing in this case. I wondered if it meant she wanted him to go away and leave her alone, she was nervous, or she was also attracted to him. But, yep, I guess it could just have been a hot flash!