Well had my abdominal CT today

DDD

I'm so happy that your problem is not a mega one. Fingers crossed, my friend, that you will be back to your old self asap! DDD

LittleDudesMom

Janet,

I'm so glad that the results are something easily treated - but I'm also shocked it took this long to get the results - several weeks. Another reason our insurance system is so screwed up - you have now spent several more weeks without nutrition, suffering and had two expensive unnecessary tests (the endoscopy and the abdominal ultrasound)! This is a case where your gp messed up...

But, I'm glad you have an answer! Think positively Janet, whatever side effect from the intense course of treatment can't be any worse than what you have made it through already! You are a strong woman!

Sharon

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yes, H pylori is what causes ulcers. Thank goodness that is all it is. You should feel tons better once your scripts are done.

Then you'll have to be careful eating because I imagine your stomach has shrunk a great deal due to this. Since you were wanting to lose some weight anyway, I'd be careful to keep portion sizes small at first then gradually increase them to what a normal portion size should be.

Since it's been so hot this summer, I have no appetite in the heat, my stomach has shrunk considerably. I have to be careful when I do want to eat not to put too much on my plate (it gets wasted) and not to let myself eat too much or I spend hours feeling bloated and uncomfortable.

So glad it wasn't something more serious.

((hugs))

Jody

Janet, I am so glad that they found something and gave you some medicine. I hope you are starting to feel better.

TerryJ2

Excellent! I remember when that was first "discovered" as being one of the main causes of ulcers, and one of the doctors in my Rotary club gave a talk on it. He was SO excited! Let's hope that excitement has translated into good medications over the yrs and quick treatment. Bravo!

trinityroyal

Janet, I'm so glad to hear that it's something treatable. I had H pylori in my 20s. TM's advice is spot on. You will feel like koi during the treatment, but MUCH better afterward, and yes, do get the probiotics (I think the Greek yogurt will already take care of that), to ward off the nasty feminine problems that come from those antibiotics.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Jamet I'm glad they found your problem and they have a fix for it. I do hope that it will be the end for a good long time to all the problems kicking up for you and you get a BIG break from them! :)

DammitJanet

Well lets not get all happy yet. Nothing ever works easy for me.

So far I still havent gotten the medicine! I guess it was yesterday when I called the doctor (or was it the day before...who knows) and he called the script into the pharmacy and they said it needed a prior approval so they had to call him back and they told me they would call me this morning I think. Well I called them this morning to see if it went through and they said no, something was wrong...either my pharmacy didnt have one of the medications or something or that they were going to have to change one to another medication or switch to another pharmacy. So around 4 this afternoon I get a call that my rx was called in to a wallgreens. Okay, I went there around 6 to pick it up to give them plenty of time to fill it.

I got there and lo and behold...no medications! They didnt have my insurance info. Now why that is I have no clue considering I have used them before. I dont have a copy of my part D card, they never sent me one but seriously, any pharmacy can just call the company up and get my info...its computerized. All they need is my ssn and birthdate. They refused to do it for me and made me go out and call the company myself to get the phone number for pharmacy assistance for them...idiots. Then I find out that the medication was already billed today at the other pharmacy! So tomorrow I have to call them and find out WTH?

Maybe tomorrow I will get medications. After all this I am not so sure I want this junk. I have heard it is an awful thing to go through.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, for pete's sake, what a mess! Get the billing straightened out, get your medications and take them. Trust me, you do NOT want a hole in your stomach......it's not just nausea and vomiting, it's doubled over think you're dying pain. You don't need any more pain.

I hate it when drug stores can't get their junk together and do it right the first time. ugh

Hugs

LittleDudesMom

Janet, what a mess! Listen, get the medication situation straightened out as early as possible today and start the treatment. Don't listen to folks telling you the treatment is bad. It's a whole he** of a lot easier than what you have experienced the last 45 days!!!!!!! Most of the side effects are things you have been suffering with anyway - constipation or diarrhea, stomach cramps, metallic taste in your mouth. There are also a number of different combinations that are given so you never know which combo your doctor is putting you on and how it compares to what others have experienced.

Think positively Janet, this too shall pass - promise! Hugs.

Sharon

I've been thinking about you and am so relieved that this is treatable! I agree with the others - Take care of the medication situation, take the medications! Hope you feel better soon! SFR

busywend

You Go Sharon!! Ditto!

Janet, just do it!

As Hound said.....you do NOT want a hole in your stomach. Major pain and life changer there.

I'm so glad you have nothing too serious and something that can be treated. I hope by now all that insurance mess is straightened out and you have it. It makes you wonder what people who don't have the knowledge and experience to be their own advocate do in a situation like this. Janet I was really worried about you and am glad this is all this is. Try to get as much protein in your body as possible. You were eating that greek yogurt, that has 7 grams of protein- keep eating that. Your muscles need it- your heart mainly, plus being anemic you can't fight infection as well. Keep going with the Ensure as well. Seriously. It's dangerous to lose too much weight too fast, I've seen people who were at a normal weight have things go wrong from that. Protein my friend.

DammitJanet

I finally got the medications last night and I now have two doses in me. yeah it isnt the most pleasant stuff to take but I will manage.

I have completely lost my appetite. Oh I want to eat...lol. I just cant eat. Keyana eats more than me. Probably most 2 year olds eat more than me.

This is about what I can manage to get down in a day: 1 greek yogurt. 1 GNC Total lean Shake with 25 grams protein and 170 calories 24 vitamins and minerals. snack size applesauce and piece of string cheese, dinner is something like 2 or 3 pieces of chicken bits or pieces of shrimp and maybe a spoonful or two of mac and cheese.

LittleDudesMom

Give it a little time Janet, your appetite will return. It's a good thing that you are eating some good proteins and I bet that will carry over once your appetite comes back!

Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
Glad to hear you are on the mend..........

Have you stopped drinking that BLLLLOOOOOOOODY coke yet?? Coke or smokes, coke or smokes? (hear me nag, hear me nag) <--------said in nagging meah meah voice.

So sexy weight loss thing.........are you going to keep up the good diet and continue to eat right? Or are you going back to coke and cheetos? (also said in nagging BFF voice) (as I toss your cigs out into the dirt) .....

OH LOOK a possum just ran off with your smokes........YEAH..........(oh look the possum is lighting up, and taking a drag) ........(oh poor possum.......hes dead) .........here possum have some coke and a cheeto. (he was only playing possum......but now he's really gone) sniff.......sniff. sob.

NO COKE, NO SMOKE....NO cheetos. THIS IS JANETS year and it started - 45 days ago - right? RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

(I sooooooo know you are not listening to me....) lol.

Hugs - Feel better.
Love you -=

DammitJanet

No, I havent given up the cokes and the cigs. I wasnt told to. The doctors all know I smoke and drink cokes. In fact the second I came out of of the tube down the throat thingy they offered me a diet coke....lol. As far as the cigarettes, they simply asked me if I was interested in quitting right now and I told them not right now but maybe in the near future when I was feeling better. They didnt say anything else.

As far as my diet goes, I have completely changed that. I am eating about 5 or 6 very small meals because my stomach simply wont hold very much. I eat a yogurt for breakfast, a 170 calorie ensure type product for lunch that takes me about an hour or so to actually drink, a snack around mid afternoon of applesauce and a piece of string cheese, and a very small dinner and then if I have to have something at night, its either a 70 calorie ice cream bar or a 100 calorie pack of cookies.