We're moving!

Jena

Hi everyone I miss all of you by the way. I hate that I cannot find the time lately to get in here as I used to.

So, we have lived where we are for two years now, it's small, cramped and uncomfortable and slowly breaking down around us as of late. So, the other night we went to go see a house, a house rental. We have decided buying isn't in the cards for us, which is fine. It's just too much money for a down payment and the business is just making it now suddenly with the economy, etc.

Anyhow, going to therapy for us has been beneficial already, sooo much came out. Ok so i totally found out i've been messing up too a bit. lol imagine that?? This relationship stuff is ALOT of work!! sheesh. i gotta say it was easier being single.

alright sorry i got off topic. The house is 3 bedrooms, a den, a living room and an actual dining room, huge backyard, basement with laundry yes laundry to wash my clothes no more laundromat!! It's really beautiful, it's an older home so it has the original modling that I love and character. So, it looks like we're taking it. I'm excited, I told easy child on the side yet not difficult child till it's a done deal and keys in hand.

My kids have never lived like that, i've spent majority of my motherhood single so this will be a huge thing for my girls. A backyard for difficult child to play in, the trampoline she always wanted, and the place is really nice. We can actually have ppl over, and do holidays and everything now. There's even a fireplace in the living room it's soo pretty.

so, boyfriend's trying to get the money together for deposit and stuff it's pretty expensive this place monthly plus water gas oil all the stuff a house would entail. We called today and said we were taking it, yet umm he's got a day or so to scramble the money together. i'm such a realist these days i told him i'll believe it when i go there and have keys in my hand. lol.

so, me working is helping obviously financially. my entire check will go into bank for bills and house.

if this really does happen difficult child and easy child are going to be so very happy. i know i sound silly yet with the way life's been i believe it when it's a done deal.

i think it'll be good for all of us, it's not like i'll miss my new check i'm not even used to getting it lol.

M

ML

I am so happy for you Jennifer. It does sound like a great house that you can make into a home. I agree relationships are work but they're worth it, the entire family benefits when the mom/mom person and dad/dad person are in sync. Most of us have to put our entire checks into bills so don't feel too bad about that. Just try to save a little for you if at all possible.

Hugs,

ML

Jena

Thanks guys. I"m such a pessimist aren't i these days?? sheesh

ML yes I know, i bet that sounded silly to say yet I had some plans for that check, yet us moving somewhere bigger is much more beneficial. I gotta admit im a little nervous. Yes I know the work is worth it I do in relationships but i'll tell you there are days I walk out of therapy and we have only gone a handful of times and I wana let him walk home!! LOL

Andy

Your new place does sound great! Is the back yard fenced in? Maybe you can get some more alone time while difficult child plays in the back yard? Do you have a clothes line to hang out clothes?

How good will easy child be at keeping this hushed for a few days until the deal is finalized?

klmno

I hope it works out, Jen- it sounds great! And I think you are wise to wait a bit before buying. If this doesn't work out, there will be other places to rent- or maybe hang on a few more months then buy. The thing is, you two see the need and can work toward it. Good luck!!

Jena

Andy yea easy child is good like that. Plus she had to watch difficult child last night so we could go down block to see it. OH and it's literally down the road which is good familiar territory for difficult child. soo key.

klmno yea buying will never happen for us, and i'm good with that. yes this place will happen :) i'm a bit of a pain in the ummm butt when it comes to something i want and i know is good for all. So, yes that man will find that money...... :)

Jena

So tomorrow I go with easy child to go see the house and leave part of the deposit. So, after two years of totally cramped we are truly moving. amazing.

difficult child is going to be so excited. this was one of her dreams. a house. she doens't have to know we dont' own it. :)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Congrats Jennifer! How exciting it will be once you're all settled in and the kids in their rooms...maybe you and your sweetie can light a fire and have stay at home date one night!

When I lived on LI, we only rented and boy did we move around - a lot! Will you be in the same school district?

Jena

Hi jo :)

it's the same school district i wanted easy child and difficult child not to be jolted again into new school. even though difficult child will problem wind up in a specialized school starting in middle school. so easy child will get to finish out high school wtih her friends and it's literally down the road which is good.

we can't afford to buy yet it's big enough that i don't want to now. al the kids will have a bed. i'm going to put two bunk beds in the master bedroom and the 4 girls will have a place to sleep so when his kids come they won't be on couches anymore. than the little guy can take the smallest bedroom. easy child's already starting saying how she wants her own room it's not fair because his kids at their house have their own room etc. i said ok breath, we have 5 kids and 3 bedrooms and a den which i don't want to utilize for a bedroom that'll be the kids room, playstations, etc. they've been in our bedroom for 2 years now playing the playstation. cramped doesn't even begin to explain.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I AM SOoooooooooooooooooo happy you will have NO ONE to read your mail but you! (visions of landlady and a tea kettle....lol)

CONGRATULATIONS on getting grass! ......I mean a lawn.

Andy

Hehehehe! :rofl:

I had to look at this twice. I thought, "Oh, we have another person moving. Who is Jena?" NOW I get it!!!!

Does this mean you are going undercover? New home, new identity? We will pretend you haven't told us the location of your new place in reference to your old one.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Congrats on the new house!! It sounds wonderful. I hope it works out and you can get it. :D

You sound like me when we were buying this house. I always dreamed of owning my own home, but never thought it would ever be a reality. I kept refusing to let myself believe it until all the papers and legal stuff was a done deal. lol I was afraid something was going to come along and wisk it away.

Hugs

ctmom05

My guess is that the name change could be a privacy issue, in which case it may not make sense for her to respond with an explanation.