What cheese pairs well with a really robust...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
...husband whine??? :wine:

O.M.G. I want to sock that man. He was supposed to go to an all day workshop today as part of his FREE job search services package provided by his former employer. The second part is scheduled for Friday.

He went on and on last night about how he needed to wake up by 6:30 this morning so he could be sure to get there on time. Well, 6:30 comes and I hear the hens outside and I turn to look at the clock, then nudge him awake saying hey aren't you supposed to be getting up now? And he grumbles something about not for 15 more minutes!

I go downstairs to shut the stupid birds up (they've been really noisy lately), and come back inside. By now his alarm goes off and he shuts it off and rolls over to go back to sleep! So I'm nudging him and trying to be encouraging and he starts whining about how tiiiiiired he is (part of this is his medication adjustment -- he hasn't fully adjusted yet) and why did I wake him uuuuuup and he doesn't waaaaant to gooooo. I think he's just stalling and playing games, but he's serious. He says he's going to postpone it until next week!:slap:

So I tell him he should probably call to let them know and he stalls some more and says noooo, I'll do it at 8 o'clock when they open. Ummm, you can't leave a voicemail? Noooooo.

Two minutes later, he's demanding that I go downstairs to get his files so he can call them nooooooow. :mad: No way! You get your sorry butt down there and find them yourself! Pleeeeease?! Groaaaaaan, etc., etc., etc. And now he's getting really bratty about it.

So yeah, now I'm peeved as I'm stomping downstairs -- 'cuz well I am so fully awake NOW I could never go back to sleep, grab his pile of papers and stomp back upstairs plopping them on his chest. Then I go back downstairs to stew and start some laundry.

Then I hear him coming downstairs. :confused: The paper he needs isn't with his files. Okay, so what am I supposed to know or do about that? Well did you clean up anything yesterday? (Translation: Did you move any one of these piles of paper that I never bother to sort through myself but prefer instead to add to and make grow taller that I MIGHT have set my stuff on in my usual haphazard way... or did you see them anywhere else where I might have carelessly plopped it down). Uh, no, I didn't touch any of your papers and if I HAD, I would have put them on your desk!

Well, they're not with my files so where are they?
How am I supposed to know that?
Well I brought them home Monday night.
Uh huh. Where did you put them?
I don't know.
Well THINK (he's always doing this to me when I forget something -- I was actually enjoying badgering him about this by now). Did you leave it in your car?
NO, because I drove difficult child 1 in there Monday night and it wasn't there then and it wasn't there yesterday when I drove it.

I just love his logic: If I cannot see it, it does not exist. :rolleyes:

I grabbed my keys and went out to his car. Unlocked the door. Opened the passenger door. And LO and BEHOLD: The missing papers were tucked between the center console and the passenger seat. :hammer:

What irks me most is that he RARELY puts anything away, and he FREQUENTLY waits until the 12th hour to look for something he needs and then it's a crisis when he can't find it. :faint:

So. He called the company. He left a message requesting to reschedule his session for next week. And he's now back in bed with his headphones and breathing mask on.

I underSTAND his anxiety. I underSTAND his resistance. I underSTAND his fatigue. But ya know what? Nobody let ME sleep in when I was unemployed and having to find work. And nobody let ME just rollover and go back to sleep when I had a new baby to nurse for the third time since I first tried going to bed along with a toddler and preschooler to tend to when husband took off each morning for work.

Now WHERE did he put his BIG BOY pants? :919Mad:

DammitJanet

I dont blame you a bit for being extremely frustrated. Tony gets that frustrated with me all the time. We work on different time clocks. He is a morning person and I am a night person. He wants to go to sleep with the chickens and get up with them. Me? I think 2 am is a nice bedtime! Of course that means I dont want to get up till 9 or 10...lol.

Now this didnt go on when my kids were young or I had a job. No...I was forced into the normal world of going to bed early and getting up early. My boys are just like their daddy...early to bed, early to rise. If only the other part of that saying came true for us...lol.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nacho cheese....

As in NOT YO' CHEESE.....

Yesterday a Saint - Today - A wine conniseur -

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
GCV--

What can I say...? I have no recommendations for cheese (well, other than the toe cheese that grows in one's smelly old socks)....

I am sorry that husband is being whiny and difficult.

Sending (((hugs))) and support and a wish that things get better.

--DaisyF

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oooh... good idea Loth! :D Anyone wanna come over?

He finally got up around 10:30 this morning and is out "running errands" (whatever that may be... probably means a trip to buy junk we don't need at the grocery store) after I asked what he had planned for today.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Does wine come in a tanker?

Bring your straws.....:tongue:

I think Suz has a point....a very VERY valid point.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Super! I'll get some fresh berries off my vines, slice up some melon, break open the crackers and cut some cheese --- oops, I mean SLICE some cheese! :D

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Star, I think I've muttered to my mom before that if it weren't for the great job husband has [that's PAST TENSE now], the solid future we were building together and the fact that he adores his kids -- and me (although he shows it in odd ways) -- I probably would have (and some days I think should have) RUN a long time ago.

I know he'll pull his head out of his butt eventually and find a job. I know it's going to take time. I just get so pi$$ed when he regresses like this and I'm left feeling like I'm the only grown-up in sight.

Oh, and tomorrow's the anniversary of our first date... 21 years ago -- which he loves to celebrate by going back to the restaurant we first dined at (and we always take the kids since it's a family-type spaghetti place by the beach). So I'm sure he's going to play it up big since he knows I'm peeved today. His words to me when they left for the "errands" was "Enjoy your ALONE time --:tongue:"

Arrrgh!

nvts

ahem....

"No officer, I didn't notice that I was standing on the hose for the breathing mask while I was vacuuming...I swear!!!" :angel2::surprise::winks:

It's a guy thing - we went through it - when you have the proper tantrum, he'll get moving...

or not... (can the bedpost block the hose? hmmmm)

Feel better!

Beth

nvts

:rofl: And I have NO idea how THAT got wedged up THERE... :surprise:

:rofl::rofl:

"He was on a ladder, naked, and he slipped and it landed there! THEN I started to vacuum and must have been standing on the hose for the breathing machine, REALLY!"

Yeah, that's the ticket!

Beth

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
*snicker*

I know that feeling!

Onyxx missed her community service Monday because husband forgot (after the sentence, no surprise, this time he didn't get smacked by me for it), so he rescheduled for today.

When his alarm went off as I was leaving this morning, I was surprised... He had to get up & take her. Whoops. Forgot to tell me!

But as I said he's forgiven for this one. It's all the stuff before he had a job that drove me almost batcave!

susiestar

Roll With It
Limburger cheese is what you need. buy some and hide it in the freezer (in about 2-3 ziploc bags). Then, when he won't get up you go and get it and place it right near his nose. If you are feeling especially upset and frustrated, wipe some above his upper lip.

THAT smell will get you out of bed, LOL!! Just make SURE that you put a clothes pin on your nose before you get the cheese out.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hmmm... you might be on to something there, Susie! I could dab a little inside his breathing/sleep mask! That just might work! :devil:

tiredmommy

I can feel your pain. My husband was on vacation from July 3rd through July 20th. Now, I've been sleeping in a bit this summer because Duckie has been sleeping in. We're generally up by 8am but that's a deal since she never used to sleep past the crack of dawn.

So what does husband do when it time to get up for work on July 21st? He WAKES up both Duckie and I!!! I swear he was jealous that we got to sleep in! :mad: